Ten questions about Android and Samsung S2

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
1) Why when I launch an file the android system asks me which app it must use for the opening of the launched file (obviously I check the box control to open always through that app!)?

2) I changed the lockscreen of my Samsung stock ROM (2.3.6) through the Magiclocker app. But since I installed this lockscreen the loading of launcher is more low than before of the Magiclocker installing.
Why?
How can I do to have a loading more fast?
Am I forced to change the Rom and to make a root?

3) When I check the 3G traffic (up/down) through Phoneusage app I find much quantity of traffic
caused by Bookmarks to Sd app? Who is does know the reason? What is this app and why it has needed of 3G traffic?

4) Why even if I checked the box to "launch automatically Skype" at startup it hasn't loaded?

5) Sometimes when I use Dolphin browser this program closes itself suddenly (it happens even only with one opened window!). Why?

6) The working temperatures when I browse on internet with recharge unplugged are about 40 degrees Centigrade. When I plugged the recharge the temperature goes up 50 degrees. Is it a normal working considering the plastic materials through which the smartphone was built?

7) What is the difference between internal device memory and the Ram?
Which is the function for each?

8) In Skype does exist an expedient to play the speaker at the front of S2 over or instead to play the only rear-down default speaker?

9) I restored by backup olds setting and apps of my last htc desire hd. After the restoring I found into apps section of S2 two separete groups of apps: first the Samsung's S2 default apps and then my apps restored...
Can I show their promiscuous?

10) Can I change the Vlingo app when I push double touch on central key?

Thank you in advance for your replies!!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 GT- I9100 using Tapatalk

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
That's one heck of a first post!...

Too many questions! I'll try to answer the Skype related.

No. 4: You must mean the automatic sign-up. Skype will not auto start if you reset your phone, that option only works so you don't have to re-type your info if you log out. Unless you sign out Skype will run in the background. The only way to turn it off is to log out.

No. 9: In video calls only the speakerphone (rear speaker) can be used, on audio calls there is an icon that let's you choose the speaker, by default it's the front one. You can use headphones during video calls if you don't want people to listen on your conversations.

Check to see if you have the latest version of Skype.

Hope this helped you. It's a shame that over 600 people read your thread and no one bothered answering you.

Reactions: umby75fg

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I read your post but don't have many answers for you as I am not using many of these apps.

No 1) Why when I launch an file the android system asks me which app it must use for the opening of the launched file (obviously I check the box control to open always through that app!)?
A: I have found this to only happen when I get an update on Launcher Pro. Once I select my launcher it does not ask again until it updates.

6) The working temperatures when I browse on internet with recharge unplugged are about 40 degrees Centigrade. When I plugged the recharge the temperature goes up 50 degrees. Is it a normal working considering the plastic materials through which the smartphone was built?
A: My phone also does heat up at times. I find that killing running apps does help this. My HTC Desire got hot and also when I tether my SGS2 it gets really hot.

9) I restored by backup olds setting and apps of my last htc desire hd. After the restoring I found into apps section of S2 two separete groups of apps: first the Samsung's S2 default apps and then my apps restored...
A: I believe this is because the restore location is set up by the backup program you used.

A: I would also like to know the answer to this question. I will post it as a separate post.

Good luck.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
1) Why when I launch an file the android system asks me which app it must use for the opening of the launched file (obviously I check the box control to open always through that app!)?

2) I changed the lockscreen of my Samsung stock ROM (2.3.6) through the Magiclocker app. But since I installed this lockscreen the loading of launcher is more low than before of the Magiclocker installing.
Why?
How can I do to have a loading more fast?
Am I forced to change the Rom and to make a root?

3) When I check the 3G traffic (up/down) through Phoneusage app I find much quantity of traffic
caused by Bookmarks to Sd app? Who is does know the reason? What is this app and why it has needed of 3G traffic?

4) Why even if I checked the box to "launch automatically Skype" at startup it hasn't loaded?

5) Sometimes when I use Dolphin browser this program closes itself suddenly (it happens even only with one opened window!). Why?

7) What is the difference between internal device memory and the Ram?
Which is the function for each?

8) In Skype does exist an expedient to play the speaker at the front of S2 over or instead to play the only rear-down default speaker?

Can I show their promiscuous?

Thank you in advance for your replies!!

1) Because you have several apps that can perform the specific function you are trying to do. The pop up is to select one to use by default the next time you try to perform that function.

2)Magiclocker most likely uses much more memory than that standard lock screen.

3)Just install it if you can. I have never heard of this app.

4)I don't use skype, so i couldn't tell ya.

5)You may be running out of RAM. Android automatically kills off apps when it runs out of RAM so that it can still perform the basic functions of a phone. You could also try clearing the data for the app, to see if that helps.

6)Normal. the plastic won't melt.

7)Internal device memory is where your phone permanently stores system apps and data. RAM is is what the apps use while they are running (temporary memory)
8) doubtful

9)i have no idea what you're trying to say here.

10) No.

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
1) Because you have several apps that can perform the specific function you are trying to do. The pop up is to select one to use by default the next time you try to perform that function.

2)Magiclocker most likely uses much more memory than that standard lock screen.

3)Just install it if you can. I have never heard of this app.

4)I don't use skype, so i couldn't tell ya.

5)You may be running out of RAM. Android automatically kills off apps when it runs out of RAM so that it can still perform the basic functions of a phone. You could also try clearing the data for the app, to see if that helps.

6)Normal. the plastic won't melt.

7)Internal device memory is where your phone permanently stores system apps and data. RAM is is what the apps use while they are running (temporary memory)
8) doubtful

9)i have no idea what you're trying to say here.

10) No.

1) For all I choose the prefered app the pop-up shows the options each time I restart the phone!

3) I have unistalled its. Recently I have seen some feedbacks for this app on Market by users that report this defect

5) But when I cancel the data of Dolphin I' m going to cancel the visited recently pages, bookmarks and automatic logins on web sites!
Is it the only available solution?

7) What is the real difference between internal device memory and internal sd for the working of smartphone? The difference is only on destination of the mass storage? If so why these memories are separated?

9) Sorry, I explained in a non-clear. I would say that at last restore of apps and settings by my precedent Htc Desire Hd to Samsung S2 into the latter apps menu I have before the S2's default apps and then the restored apps. They are not showed promiscuous.
Exists a way to show all apps in alphabet order?

Manu thanks!

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
No. 4: You must mean the automatic sign-up. Skype will not auto start if you reset your phone, that option only works so you don't have to re-type your info if you log out. Unless you sign out Skype will run in the background. The only way to turn it off is to log out.

Check to see if you have the latest version of Skype.

Hope this helped you. It's a shame that over 600 people read your thread and no one bothered answering you.

No.4)
When I restart my handset Skype has not loaded automatically (Once i run skype holds itself into memory until at the turning off). I never logout and i checked the control box where says "Automatically login" (the first option).
My Skype version is: 2.7.0.907

Thanks a lot!!!!!

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
About #9: in which app are you trying to see this list of apps? (manage applications; app drawer; where?) And, when you say "promiscuous," do you mean all mixed together?

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
About #9: in which app are you trying to see this list of apps? (manage applications; app drawer; where?) And, when you say "promiscuous," do you mean all mixed together?

I' m saying that the apps aren't shown all together (mixed) in alphabet order into applications list (reachbles tapping into home "apps" icon located at down and right - for a stock android rom).

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry. Ive been experimenting for a couple of days now, but I can't replicate your problem. Hope someone else has the solution for you.

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me for my mistakes and a bad used english.

I was saying "reachable".
When I restored the apps backup by my precedent Htc Desire Hd on my Galaxy S2 (I used Mybackup pro app), I was having two apps groups: 1St I have the default Samsung apps; 2nd I have the restored apps by Htc.
Then all apps are not shown together.
Thank you for your patience!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay