Oddest Question Ever

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! This might be the silliest question ever asked on a forum; but I would like to know the answer to the following:

When I send my friends who have Android phones (this one in particular) a text message, what exactly comes up on their screen? I was told that the entire message comes up itself. I wouldn't have an issue with that normally; but I get worried if I need to send my friends a personal text and their phone might just be lying around within plain sight. It probably sounds dumb; but when you think about it, texting is between you and the recipient, and the messages are two-way. You kind of don't want "eavesdroppers"! :)

If anyone could please post a picture of what it would look like when a text would be received (or if some other kind of notification, like "New Message" comes up); I would really appreciate that.

Thank you! :)

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi! This might be the silliest question ever asked on a forum; but I would like to know the answer to the following:

When I send my friends who have Android phones (this one in particular) a text message, what exactly comes up on their screen? I was told that the entire message comes up itself. I wouldn't have an issue with that normally; but I get worried if I need to send my friends a personal text and their phone might just be lying around within plain sight. It probably sounds dumb; but when you think about it, texting is between you and the recipient, and the messages are two-way. You kind of don't want "eavesdroppers"! :)

If anyone could please post a picture of what it would look like when a text would be received (or if some other kind of notification, like "New Message" comes up); I would really appreciate that.

Thank you! :)

It depends on if they're using an SMS popup app, and a bunch of different settings.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
To further edify BlackJaguar25's response, the default action of Android's text messaging is to have the message tick across the notification bar and not blast up in the old iOS format that clogs the screen. Depending on what app your friend uses and what settings they choose can totally change this behavior.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both! I'm not too sure - I've been told that the messages would just explode out there on the screens. But I can definitely see how what apps you use would affect that function. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38