First official 4.0.3 update video

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The first and only video I have been able to find just posted hours ago for what appears to be an unmodified official update. The guy doesn't seem to know what differences to look for but it doesn't appear too much has changed in appearance. I was expecting to see more blue font throughout the phone and nexus style icons but I guess the added functions are what really matters
Official Android 4.0 Update For The Samsung Galaxy S2 - YouTube

sooby77

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I updated mine and it works wonderfully. It was unstable at first due to PhoneWeaver not being completely compatible. Once i update PhoneWeaver, everything else works. I was on XWKK5 and I did an update without wiping. Works great. Thrilled to be rocking ICS finally! :)

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
How do i update to official ICS

If you are not rooted, go to settings. About phone, check for updates. Make sure u have good battery life and possibly connected to wifi so it can download faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wsalibaba

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery is the bigest problem for its short llife when i bought my first tablet pc i can ues it for 10 hours after being charged after one month it can only ran for 5 hours then 2 hour at last it shoud be charged all the time to keep it ran.

razgri5

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how folders work in the GSII ICS update? I can't find any videos or info about that. Does the update offer stock 4.0 folder functionality where you can simply combine two apps together to create a folder with a lovely icon or do they keep the ugly manila folders of sense?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Can you switch to the ICS launcher instead of using touchwiz? You switch by going to manage applications, looking for twlauncher and removing the default. Then hit the home button and the phone will give you the choice which launcher to use. This worked in the leaked builds, does it work in the official still?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Can you switch to the ICS launcher instead of using touchwiz? You switch by going to manage applications, looking for twlauncher and removing the default. Then hit the home button and the phone will give you the choice which launcher to use. This worked in the leaked builds, does it work in the official still?

Just checked, if find twlaucher, but remove the defult is disabled..... but thats maybe because i don't have 2nd launcher installed

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how folders work in the GSII ICS update? I can't find any videos or info about that. Does the update offer stock 4.0 folder functionality where you can simply combine two apps together to create a folder with a lovely icon or do they keep the ugly manila folders of sense?

Nope, it seams is stack ics exclusive launcher feature.... and i think you mean touchwiz :p

Reactions: MannyZ28

razgri5

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. You're saying they stack like ICS?

Ah snap. Yeah I did mean touchwiz. Heh, sorry. Had just gotten done reading a sense 4.0 preview and wondering if HTC was worth looking back into since jumping ship from my EVO to my GSII...

songwc

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, could anyone help to confirm that upgrading will not wipe all our previous data? I could easily backup sms/contacts, but those chat history in google talk, viber, and other apps' data would be nearly impossible to backup except on a rooted phone.
Thanks..

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I always thought the GS II was an awesome phone. Watching the vid's it looks like everything almost looks and acts the same so I am wondering after upgrading to ICS what additional functionality is provided? Does the phone work faster, is there better multi tasking, better use of the GPU? What are the improvements?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress