Swype Keyboard on S2 ICS

Giant_midget

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I just updated to ICS on my unbranded S2, however I can't locate the Swype keyboard like I had before the update. is it no longer available?

reg67

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Still available.

Write a text message and you'll see a keyboard at the top left of the screen. Click and change it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Still available.

Write a text message and you'll see a keyboard at the top left of the screen. Click and change it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This is the quickest way to get to Swype.
Instead if you want to change your default keyboard to Swype, then go to

Settings -> 'Language and Input' -> 'Keyboards and Input methods' -> Default.

Change the 'Default' to Swype, and you are done.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to ICS on Epic 4G Touch (official) and the Swype keyboard has a different layout - the numbers are "only" at the top of the keyboard even when going to the symbols/numbers. I liked GB where the numbers were in the middle of the keyboard - any one know of a swype keyboard in the Play Store that has this layout?

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to ICS on Epic 4G Touch (official) and the Swype keyboard has a different layout - the numbers are "only" at the top of the keyboard even when going to the symbols/numbers. I liked GB where the numbers were in the middle of the keyboard - any one know of a swype keyboard in the Play Store that has this layout?

Nope. Swype has updated its app to this format. The Play Store also offers the updated apk only. So, if you want to have the same feature, you need to get the old Swype apk from a GB phone and sideload it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463