Verrrrrry slow battery charge with ICS Kies update

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
On my European unlocked i9100 running gingerbread, my battery fully recharged in less than 2 hours *while I was using it.* Since the ICS upgrade (using Kies), it takes about 4 hours to charge it if I'm using it string the charge period.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, my phone now runs much hotter than it did on gingerbread. Will this damage something in the phone?

Thanks,
Sandra

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure my battery drains any faster than before, but then, I've turned of several of the optional effects that drain batteries. e.g. haptic feedback, animated transition from one homescreen to the next, that sort of thing.

Do you know whether the heat will hurt the phone?

matttye88

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Try a factory reset. You can backup and restore with Kies. I have read literally hundreds of posts where the poor battery life was solved following a software reset.

I don't know why manufacturers don't make it a *requirement* to perform a wipe when updating software to a new major version.

maustin96

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Deffinetly charges slower. Battery Deffinetly lasts longer. Mine has always gotten hot and I haven't noticed anything bad happening. You should be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci