Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync with Outlook

Hi, i am wondering what is the easiest way to sync a samsung galaxy s2 lte hd to outlook. i want all of the info i have on outlook moved to my phone and also want the ability to manage the data from my phone and computer. i also need to be able to reconcile calendar, contacts, and tasks on the computer to the phone.

thanks in advance

Default Re: Sync with Outlook

esuser1 - There's actually a number of options out there. Take a look at to see what I mean. They have a list of most, if not all, of the tools that will sync Outlook to Android. Depending on what and how you want to sync, you'll find some will work for you and others won't.

Our own solution, CompanionLink for Outlook will do what you're asking for, and more. It comes with a 2 week free trial, so feel free to check it out . And hey, if you do decide to pick it up, let me know and I'll set you up with a code for $10 off.

- David
    CompanionLink has over 1.2 million downloads and counting. We develop the most complete Android to Outlook sync product that lets you choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support.

Websites:
    www.companionlink.com/android
    www.dejaoffice.com
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks alot ill take a look

Actually I use companionlink. I tried the google outlook plugin and things went bananas...
    I'm back on companionlink. Honestly, I think it's awesome..... and no, I don't work for those guys.

Just thought I'd offer some unbiased feedback.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

You can use Samsung Kies to sync with outlook. No need for a 3rd party plug in.

I've never tried the Kies approach but I had to sync my corporate exchange account with my google account. I'm not sure Kies will do that.
    In any case, the sync characteristic was more stable with Companionlink. Everything else I tried had various "issues". Some were minor and some were not. This was the best solution that I was able to find.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I use gSyncit from fieldstonsoftware.com. Works!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Myphoneexplorer. Free App. Minimal issues. Almost flawless. Syncs calendar, contacts and tasks (and files, but I don't bother with that option).

Only niggle I had was that it was running over wifi, and as I had more than one wifi network "available" to me and I had phone and computer on different networks I was confused why sometimes it works and other times it just wouldn't... Took a loooong time before I realised my stooopid mistake and made sure they were both on the same wifi network.

Since then zero issues.
    Da shinu da???

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umdur man View Post
    Myphoneexplorer. Free App. Minimal issues. Almost flawless. Syncs calendar, contacts and tasks (and files, but I don't bother with that option).

Only niggle I had was that it was running over wifi, and as I had more than one wifi network "available" to me and I had phone and computer on different networks I was confused why sometimes it works and other times it just wouldn't... Took a loooong time before I realised my stooopid mistake and made sure they were both on the same wifi network.

Since then zero issues.
    Which settings are you using for the Outlook sync - two-way, I presume?
    Also, do you have a Facebook account included, and if so did it integrate fairly well?

As already said Kies does the job and even more than great. Depending of which app you use for your mail you can make a choice. If you work with a lot of mailaccounts and with MS Office and with combinations of pop and gmail accounts etc.....then kaiten mail in combination with Kies works great and reliable.

From a sunny Holland....

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P1000 met Tapatalk

Wink Re: Sync with Outlook

I have a Verizon Bionic, bought Jan 2012. I was able to download an app to sync MS Outlook 2010 including Outlook, Notes, Calendar (being based in the EU) they call it appointments. It does exactly what I want. And I looked for a program to do just this for over a year. No Cloud, No Google, No MS. Easy to sync from phone to PC or PC to phone, either USB, Bluetooth [although Iíve only used USB so far]. Iíve been using it for work and personal for 6months without any hassle. And itís free.

Search Google for FJ Software Development. It will pull up their site for MyPhoneExplore1.8.2.
    Follow directions. If I did it without help, so can you!!

You may have a different phone but they say this app will work with all of them.

I tried all of these and none of them worked properly. I found and purchased Android Sync and it was great the first time. The second time in Outlook it removed all info in contact records except email and phone. ???? I tried to resync but same. I went back to backups in Outlook and it deleted ALL my contacts. So I typed back in 147 records in Outlook. There were 0 contacts showing on HTC Vivid. I resynced Outlook to Vivid. Then there were DUPLICATES! How could there be 0 and then duplicates??? This is driving me crazy, not to mention killing my time!

I want to sync from Outlook to Android via USB only without using Google or any cloud or wifi services.

HELP!

Have you tried CompanionLink? (Works great, says ChuckeeDroid in one of his posts above.)
    CompanionLink has over 1.2 million downloads and counting. We develop the most complete Android to Outlook sync product that lets you choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

Used Companionlink on my Razr Maxx. Got multiple duplicate and it moved all of my annual occurences - birthdays, etc. to the day before and changed them from all day to 7A to 8A. Synced my wife's Galaxy 3 and it changed all of her appointments to 3 day events. Made her cry. I am looking for something else.

Hey David, thought I'd give this a real go on my S2 & make the purchase. Do you still give out discount codes?
    cheers
    Fiona

Yes, we do. Check your PM for a code!

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

MyPhoneExploer

it keeps wanting to reconfigure my AutoCad 2009, WHY ??

Quote Originally Posted by companionlink View Post
    Yes, we do. Check your PM for a code!
    Got one of those codes for me as well? Looks like your is the best plan out there.

Absolutely. Check your mail.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com
    Thanked by:

I find these conversations mind boggling. I have just upgraded to an android phone (galaxy s2) from a blackberry. All I want to do is get my emails on my phone and respond to them when I am travelling. My PC runs outlook. Keis does not sync emails, nor do most of the other solutions provided and quite frankly, if I had wanted to be a techie and know how to do everything i wold have trained as one. Instead, I have multi-billion $ organisations churning out products that don't have the basic functionality of being able to talk to different systems. Why do we put up with this rubbish?

Hi David - I belive I am in the same boat as the other frustrated Outlook users. I just got my first Smartphone (in, fact my first mobile phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I am so ANGRY that it does not sync with outlook. I do not want to switch to google. It appears as if Companionlink is something I will need to purchase. Do you have any more discount codes available.

I am so lost. My phone has all these apps on it that I dont' need. Even after I purchase I am afraid I will screw up my phone or lose all my contacts.

What is MOffice? Can't I use that to sync with Outlook? I don't even know how this ended up on my phone.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

It should be a lot easier. I have multiple calendars and lots of contacts. I use GSyncIt. I have Outlook 2013 and Windows 8. My Outlook syncs with Google and then Google syncs with my Note 2 stock calender. Works pretty good for the most part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Any companionlink discount coupons still available? Thanks

Code sent to you via PM.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

David, we have two computers at home, I have Galaxy S3, he has Motorola Droid M. So far we love the software, but the cost of $50+ x2 is tough to pay. Any discounts or do we need two licenses?
    MJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast