some videos can' t be opened!

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, as object, i have some videos into my device can not be opened.
I have tried many player videos f.e. Mxplayer, android's default player, Rockplayer, Yxplayer, Mobo, etc.
I have downloaded the provided codecs too, but I don' t know the reason of this inconvenience!
Do you have an idea to resolve my question?
How can I do to test the interested videos?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 GT- I9100 using Tapatalk

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I add other information: 1) the files are .avi; 2) these files about three weeks ago played regularly, but when I replaced the sd card I had some problems with its sectors that corrupted my files. Now I have downloaded again (throught atorrent app) the same files and they don' t work (I have replaced again the sd card with one good!).

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
What has changed on your phone in those three weeks?

If you download the files to your PC, do they play? Perhaps they are corrupt? AVI files should be a relatively easy thing to play.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Reactions: umby75fg

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried in different ways:
1) afterward the copy into PC they don' t work on it too;
2) I have used vlc player on PC and I have the same problem of winamp (the last player I have had there) about crashes;
3) I tried throught vlc player "vlc s&c free" on my smartphone but they don' t work too.
For these three weeks I replaced the sd card, like I said. I don' t know, perhaps it should have been an problem about temporally files into atorrent app, indexes, etc.
I' m sure 2 of 5 files that don' t work some time ago worked.
I wouldn' t to have made some a mess.

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
If they're not playing on your PC then I would assume that the files are corrupted. Is there any other way you can download the files aside from torrents?

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Is there any other way you can download the files aside from torrents?

Do you say to download in a different directory/drive or to use an torrent app for PC and download files into hard disk?

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you say to download in a different directory/drive or to use an torrent app for PC and download files into hard disk?

I would try downloading the files to your PC hard drive. It sounds like the .avi files are corrupted and hence they can't be opened. Try downloading them again, if possible from a different source.

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried to download a torrent (one folder containing two files) from PC and I could to copy into external sd card of smartphone only the first file of two because I returned the Windows error nr. 0x80070037 for the transfer of second file!

Now the first file into my smartphone works regularly and when I opened this thread it didn't work, but worked only the second file! Then now I have both working files in my Samsung S2!
However this is only a test, what should be the problem?
Do you think something?