Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SG3 ics 4.0.4

Hi peeps

Have an unlocked sg2 running 4.0.4 Android. But I was wondering how do I organise/group my apps together on the home screen. I know this can be done on other ICS Android Phones.

Any ideas how I do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Anybody??

Default Re: SG3 ics 4.0.4

Do you mean creating folders? Are you using TW or another launcher?

In all the launchers that I have used, you long press the icon and then drag it on top of the icon you want to group it with.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by evilsanta2 View Post
    Do you mean creating folders? Are you using TW or another launcher?

In all the launchers that I have used, you long press the icon and then drag it on top of the icon you want to group it with.
    Yeah I mean grouping them together by long pressing. It doesn't seem to work. I can create folders and add apps, but on other devices the grouping looks nicer.

IM using all the standard launchers etc that came with the phone. Do I need to change it or what?

Thanks.

As far as I know (haven't used stock TouchWiz in a long time), you have to have a different launcher if you want to change the style of the folder icons. OR you can download an app that allows you to customize the folder design.

I know on Trebuchet, the launcher I'm using, it allows you to change how folders appear. Can't remember if GO Launcher allows it or not... Sorry. I know Apex Launcher allows it.

Quickly searching through the Play store shows a couple different apps that allow you to customize how folders appear. For example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....appfolderlite OR https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...get.SiMiFolder
    Both look like they should do something along the lines of what you're looking for. I haven't used either so I have no idea how well they work!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

hi evilsanta

Downloaded Go Launcher. Works a treat mate. Thanks very much, you've been a great help.

No problem. Go launcher is a great launcher that allows you to customize a lot more than TouchWiz does.

Changing and playing with the phone always makes it feel like a new device, it's awesome!