- 29 Posts
- 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM #2
Re: A hairline crack appearing in front bezel out of nowhere
That's from it being flexed a lot. That's what happens when you use the cheapest materials possible to build a high end smartphone. The cracks appear in similar places because it's near the middle of that side of the phone, where the plastic would flex most. You may not think you're flexing it a lot, but over time it wears on the materials. When the phone gets warmer it tends to flex more than when it's colder so they form these cracks in the plastic. You notice these things happening sometimes at the corners in tupperware and things like that as well.
Samsung needs to stop using plastics and graduate to something a bit more premium like almost every other manufacturer (except maybe LG?) has done by now.
- By uxaar in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 08-17-2012, 02:35 PM
- By steve0617 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
- By Antiseen in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 3Last Post: 11-03-2011, 01:57 AM
- By nismo98 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2011, 08:45 AM
- By dopedroid in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2011, 06:46 PM