- 2 Posts
Use Samsung Galaxy SII gt-i9100 in USA
Hope you might be able to help with a query. I have recently moved to the US from the UK, I have a Samsung Galaxy SII gt-i9100 which I've been using on Vodafone in the UK. I had (naively) presumed I could just buy a SIM here to use in the phone - ideally with one of the prepaid plans here - but it seems more complicated than that... I've been doing some reading, I think I could get a SIM-only plan from Straight Talk, but I'd need a compatible GSM AT&T or T-Mobile phone, or an unlocked GSM phone compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile. I am finding it hard to work out whether my phone would be compatible with either network - can anyone help?
- 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM #2Android Powered Human
- 163 Posts
- Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel
Re: Use Samsung Galaxy SII gt-i9100 in USA
In looking at the specs of the phone from gsmarena.com it appears that the phone is rated for global use. The link to the specs can be found here. In looking at this site it appears that the frequencies match up properly. So the Straight Talk SIM card should allow you to use 2G and 3G communication. However, I will give the standard disclaimer that I am not responsible if the information is incorrect or if the phone does not work in the US (although it should). Hope that helps.____________________________________________________________
If I've helped, feel free to hit that "THANKS" button. It will make my day!
- By FallenAngel015 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2012, 01:15 PM
- By jbcjeyes in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
- By mohannad122 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2011, 09:19 PM
- By JakesPrePlus in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 9Last Post: 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
- By bojous in forum Phone WarsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2011, 08:10 AM