Straight Talk Galaxy S2 -- Rooting/upgrading to JellyBean?
I was at Walmart today looking at the Straight Talk GS2. It's still got Gingerbread.
Can I root and upgrade to Jelly Bean? I like JB a lot better than GB. Is there a ROM available to flash--or would I even need a new ROM?Don I
Motorola Droid Pro on VZW > Samsung Galaxy SII on StraightTalk
- 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM #2
- 05-17-2013, 05:22 PM #3
- 33 Posts
Re: Straight Talk Galaxy S2 -- Rooting/upgrading to JellyBean?
S2 has already got official jelly bean rom from Samsung. So most likely you can upgrade it directly from Samsung with kies. If that failed, and the phone is international version you don't need to root it to Flash jellybean. All you need is odin and official jelly bean rom from Samsung which are widely available in sammobile. There's are also many third-party rom available like CM rom.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
- 06-02-2013, 09:52 AM #4
- By Markblasco in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
- By PoorBoy52760 in forum Boost Mobile PrevailReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:34 AM
- By caasla in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
- By Abe Gethin in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 05-06-2011, 06:09 AM
- By dbornack in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 17Last Post: 09-22-2010, 01:44 PM