1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Straight talk Galaxy S II

My Galaxy S II still has Gingerbread on it and I want to update to ICS or Jelly Bean (preferably Jelly Bean). I installed Kies today and it says that my phone is not supported by the Kies program. Any suggestions on how to update my phone are greatly appreciated

Default Re: Straight talk Galaxy S II

there is no update yet. it will be pushed to you ota when its available. and keis doesnt work with this. u have to use kies air.

I have a slightly off-topic question. I just ordered an S2 i9100 and need to order a ST sim. Should I order a micro or regular size one?

Thanks in advance

in my s2 from straight talk its a regular one. i believe the att s2 is the i9100. and its also a reg.
    Thanked by:

thanks! shot you a PM too

im not running the 9100. the straight talk s2 is s959g. so i dont know about the 9100. but im running about 2mgps to 4 on average.not great but alot better than my s2 on sprint here.

hopefully more and more ppl get this phone on st so we can get more and more info.

i love my straight talk s2 but would like it even more if it had a JB update. seems crazy not to have this. Of course they just listed the s3 so i am guessing they want us s2 folks to upgrade to that.

mine and my wife's S2 HAVE been updated to jelly bean by Samsung............................................what a pile of rubbish!! Seriously, not sure what they are doing but up til the point of update, i sang the praises of my S2, reliable and easy to use, afraid neither are that anymore. Constant crashing, HUGE power usage, hi power battery not lasting a day, corrupt apps, ones that did work, no longer do, and everything is soooooo sloowwwwwww. Both phones are having big issues, not happy

You can fix your app permission problem post JB update by performing a factory reset on your phone and re-installing all you apps.

I'm a little late to this post. But in case you haven't heard. Straight Talk will never dish out an update. I emailed the company and they pretty much told me I was
    S.O.L.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app