- 1 Posts
Changing anti virus apps.
Hi all, i am new here and have a quick question about my S2. I am in S.Korea, so my S2 came with V3 already installed on it. Recently, i was thinking about using a different anti-virus app(was looking at Kaspersky or avast) anyways, i read that you shouldn't have more than 1 anti virus on your phone as they sometimes don't play well together. V3 comes stock, so i can't uninstall it, i am stuck with it on. What I am wondering is, if i pay the money for a new anti virus app, is it going to cause more problems than good, or is it perfectly okay to have more than 1 antivirun program running on your smartphone at the same time?
Any help would be appreciated~
- 12-06-2012, 06:45 AM #2
- 40 Posts
Re: Changing anti virus apps.
Having multiple anti viruses usually does not cause big problems, besides the increased ram usage and demand on your phone. Sometimes I guess the functionand scanning on each app might clash and cause lag but you can solve this by disabling and force stopping your stock anti virus. Its not recommended to have two but I don't think it would cause harm to your phone, just try a free antivirus and see how it goes. Rooting would solve the problem since you could uninstall the app or disable it completely that's the best solution if your up for it.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM #3
- By Markshaf71 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 15Last Post: 10-24-2011, 08:43 AM
- By KH29 in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 5Last Post: 02-04-2011, 03:08 PM
- By kemo46 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 15Last Post: 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM
- By herbmmm in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 16Last Post: 08-01-2010, 03:02 PM
- By Chillout80s in forum Android AppsReplies: 16Last Post: 07-08-2010, 03:13 PM