Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    My phone has the red notification word "Failed" next to one of my contacts in the messaging app, claiming that a text which in fact sent fine, has failed. I've tried restarting the app, restarting the phone, etc, but nothing has removed the "failed" notification. Can anyone suggest anything?
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Hudson View Post
    My phone has the red notification word "Failed" next to one of my contacts in the messaging app, claiming that a text which in fact sent fine, has failed. I've tried restarting the app, restarting the phone, etc, but nothing has removed the "failed" notification. Can anyone suggest anything?
    did you try long pressing the message with the X next to it and deleting it?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    did you try long pressing the message with the X next to it and deleting it?
    No, there's no message with a grey box, X, or failed notification on it. They all appear in the standard yellow box to suggest it's been sent properly. So, I wouldn't know which was the supposedly "failed" message to delete.
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Hudson View Post
    No, there's no message with a grey box, X, or failed notification on it. They all appear in the standard yellow box to suggest it's been sent properly. So, I wouldn't know which was the supposedly "failed" message to delete.
    delete the whole conversation
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    delete the whole conversation
    That makes me sad because it's a thread with my best friend that I don't really want to delete, but if that's the only solution then I guess I'll have to put up with it.
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Hudson View Post
    That makes me sad because it's a thread with my best friend that I don't really want to delete, but if that's the only solution then I guess I'll have to put up with it.
    the only other option is to slowly go through that conversation and see if you can find the one message that failed.,,,maybe download handcent from the market and install it, maybe it will force it to trigger a notification for the failed message
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    the only other option is to slowly go through that conversation and see if you can find the one message that failed.,,,maybe download handcent from the market and install it, maybe it will force it to trigger a notification for the failed message
    I've tried all of that and nothing has worked at all. I 'disabled' the messaging app thinking that might clear it, but upon re-enabling, the app has now disappeared from the 4 permanent icons at the bottom of my home screen, so I think I've probably mucked my phone up further now.
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: "Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Hudson View Post
    I've tried all of that and nothing has worked at all. I 'disabled' the messaging app thinking that might clear it, but upon re-enabling, the app has now disappeared from the 4 permanent icons at the bottom of my home screen, so I think I've probably mucked my phone up further now.
    Just long press the app and drag it into your dock. .... ok go to the market and get sms backup. That way you can save the text and view it on your computer if you want to revisit it and then you can delete the conversation in peace knowing its saved


    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Similar Threads

  1. An SMS text message that will not die!
    By alhull in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 07:28 AM
  2. Call fails when I receive text messages
    By 4cdndctn in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 12:18 AM
  4. Have my texts messages set to vibrate and it doesnt vibrate!
    By popkurn611 in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 12:47 AM
  5. possible to have gmail and text messages icon display count
    By rjdangerous in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions