"Failed" text messages that have actually sent..

Joe_Hudson

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My phone has the red notification word "Failed" next to one of my contacts in the messaging app, claiming that a text which in fact sent fine, has failed. I've tried restarting the app, restarting the phone, etc, but nothing has removed the "failed" notification. Can anyone suggest anything?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My phone has the red notification word "Failed" next to one of my contacts in the messaging app, claiming that a text which in fact sent fine, has failed. I've tried restarting the app, restarting the phone, etc, but nothing has removed the "failed" notification. Can anyone suggest anything?
did you try long pressing the message with the X next to it and deleting it?

Joe_Hudson

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
did you try long pressing the message with the X next to it and deleting it?

No, there's no message with a grey box, X, or failed notification on it. They all appear in the standard yellow box to suggest it's been sent properly. So, I wouldn't know which was the supposedly "failed" message to delete.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No, there's no message with a grey box, X, or failed notification on it. They all appear in the standard yellow box to suggest it's been sent properly. So, I wouldn't know which was the supposedly "failed" message to delete.
delete the whole conversation

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That makes me sad because it's a thread with my best friend that I don't really want to delete, but if that's the only solution then I guess I'll have to put up with it.
the only other option is to slowly go through that conversation and see if you can find the one message that failed.,,,maybe download handcent from the market and install it, maybe it will force it to trigger a notification for the failed message

Joe_Hudson

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
the only other option is to slowly go through that conversation and see if you can find the one message that failed.,,,maybe download handcent from the market and install it, maybe it will force it to trigger a notification for the failed message

I've tried all of that and nothing has worked at all. I 'disabled' the messaging app thinking that might clear it, but upon re-enabling, the app has now disappeared from the 4 permanent icons at the bottom of my home screen, so I think I've probably mucked my phone up further now. :-\

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of that and nothing has worked at all. I 'disabled' the messaging app thinking that might clear it, but upon re-enabling, the app has now disappeared from the 4 permanent icons at the bottom of my home screen, so I think I've probably mucked my phone up further now. :-\
Just long press the app and drag it into your dock. .... ok go to the market and get sms backup. That way you can save the text and view it on your computer if you want to revisit it and then you can delete the conversation in peace knowing its saved

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk