- 2 Posts
From ICS to Jelly Bean (HOW)
Im kind of new in this. I just have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100, Android version 4.0.4 ICS.
I would like to upgrade it or change it to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 or whatever the latest version is so that it is faster and looks better.
How is this possible and what can i do?
Will i loose my warranty if i make this?
Thanks in advance!
- 12-20-2012, 06:47 AM #2
- 19 Posts
Re: From ICS to Jelly Bean (HOW)
Unless there is an over the air update, you would have to root your phone and install a custom rom which uses jelly bean as its platform. These roms are available. However, this always voids the warrenty and the only way to regain warrenty is to unroot and go back to ics
Sent from SG3 RootUser
- 12-23-2012, 07:52 AM #3
AW: From ICS to Jelly Bean (HOW)
I guess what to do depends on your faith in Samsung.
Their track record concerning upgrades for "old" phones is notoriously bad... and they already provided one upgrade - from Gingerbread to ICS.
If you think that they will do it again, wait; if not, root!
(There is a very easy to follow series of tutorials - in writing and as YouTube videos - for getting your phone up to Jelly Bean on SamsungS2Root.com, and the Play Store has a little app - called Triangle Away - which will, if necessary, eliminate every trace of rooting; if you are a cheapskate, you can even get it free on XDA-Developers.com).
Sent from my GT-I9100 (Jelly Bean) using Android Central Forums
- 01-29-2014, 11:53 PM #4
- By bear_lx in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 36Last Post: 05-11-2013, 09:20 PM
- By supagruv in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
- By Ivanamanation#IM in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 4Last Post: 10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
- By MustangDan74 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-02-2012, 06:21 PM
- By jousty in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2012, 09:16 PM