From ICS to Jelly Bean (HOW)

romullus

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody!

Im kind of new in this. I just have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100, Android version 4.0.4 ICS.
I would like to upgrade it or change it to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 or whatever the latest version is so that it is faster and looks better.
How is this possible and what can i do?
Will i loose my warranty if i make this?

Thanks in advance!

romullus

sean1993

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Unless there is an over the air update, you would have to root your phone and install a custom rom which uses jelly bean as its platform. These roms are available. However, this always voids the warrenty and the only way to regain warrenty is to unroot and go back to ics

Sent from SG3 RootUser

Jochen K.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
AW: From ICS to Jelly Bean (HOW)

Hi,

I guess what to do depends on your faith in Samsung.

Their track record concerning upgrades for "old" phones is notoriously bad... and they already provided one upgrade - from Gingerbread to ICS.

If you think that they will do it again, wait; if not, root!

(There is a very easy to follow series of tutorials - in writing and as YouTube videos - for getting your phone up to Jelly Bean on SamsungS2Root.com, and the Play Store has a little app - called Triangle Away - which will, if necessary, eliminate every trace of rooting; if you are a cheapskate, you can even get it free on XDA-Developers.com).

Regards,

Jochen

Sent from my GT-I9100 (Jelly Bean) using Android Central Forums

Bryan Vaillancourt

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody!

Im kind of new in this. I just have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100, Android version 4.0.4 ICS.
I would like to upgrade it or change it to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 or whatever the latest version is so that it is faster and looks better.
How is this possible and what can i do?
Will i loose my warranty if i make this?

Thanks in advance!

romullus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie