Help for a new Android user, please?

Wolf_Spirit

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to come to learn my new Galaxy S II and it's driving me a liiiiiiittle crazy :p I can't seem to change my notification sounds to allow different sounds for different things.

Here's my situation:

I set my Notification sound to (I'll be using the default sounds in my example) Moonbeam. I was hoping that that would be just for text messages. However, it's being used for all my notifications, games, email updates, everything! How can I change my game notifications tone to differ from my text messages and my email and whatever else uses notification tones (if I'm missing any, I'd greatly appreciate the knowledge as to what notifications I am missing, please! lol!)? I really would like to have separate sounds so that I'm not being confused by one single tone. Better yet, how can I disable game notification sounds? I don't mind the updates, I just don't want sounds attached XD I don't like hearing my phone go off X amount of times a day.

Another question:

Do any of you know any great games for the android that don't need internet connection? I have a Data Plan, but I don't wanna wind up using all my data accidentally on games that may access the internet and I don't know it.

Finally (for now, anyway :p), how can I find out how much data I've used on my phone, please?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know there may be more on the way as I continue to use this new technology of mine! :p

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
For notification sounds go into the settings in the individual app (Gmail, text, or whatever) and in the app's settings you should be able to assign a sound.

You should be able to check how much data you've used under Usage in the device settings.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante