Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck in boot loop

My phone seems to be stuck in some sort of looping where it just keeps rebooting itself over and over again. What happens is, I turn it on, enter my PIN, starts up just fine, all the apps work perfectly, but after about 50-55 seconds the start screen of all the blue and purple bits flying in to form an S shows up again. I don't have to re-enter my PIN, so I don't think it's a full reboot, but all the apps will have been shut down. This process repeats over and over again, I get just under a minute's use each time before it restarts.

I thought it might have been a battery issue, because the battery had been acting a bit strangely before that, not holding charge well etc., but I had actually ordered Samsung's official extended battery for the phone, left that charging up to full overnight, but the same problem was present when I turned on the phone, so I'm not sure what the story is! Anyone have any ideas? The phone is a network-unlocked S2 running ICS, if that helps.

Default Re: Stuck in boot loop

sounds familiar. had a bit different problem after i rooted my phone. it was stuck in boot loop for at least 30mins. i did factory reset and installed fresh kernel, then rooted again ( better stuff than before ). all works great. so maybe you should try and re-install. good luck