Problem with upgrading to JB.
Hi, am having problems with the firmware update to JB. I get a message on Kies saying "New firmware is availble". But when I press the firmware update button a box appears in the middle of the screen, the main screen greys out, but the smaller screen does nothing at all, it just hangs... left it for 30min and nothing happens. Does anybody know what to do?? Thanks in advance.
- 03-19-2013, 05:21 AM #2
- 03-19-2013, 08:42 AM #4
- 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM #5
- 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM #7
- 27 Posts
Re: Problem with upgrading to JB.
You can try uninstall and reinstall Kies, then try to upgrade firmware. If that fails, you can always upgrade to stock JB without kies by downloading the appropriate official samsung release from sammobile, and flash your phone with odin. here is the official Rom for your phone.
Download it, then flash your phone using the tutorial below. I followed it to flash my S2 to jelly bean for the first time.
- By JustinTiburon in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 10-13-2012, 09:13 PM
- By kspacja in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
- By thegunslinger1 in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 2Last Post: 08-06-2011, 07:14 PM
- By joewknap in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM
- By m3kyd in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM