Please Help? Kies Issue.

Amber Darling

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I really need your help... Im desperated! I posted in few android forums about my issue with the kies, nobody will reply back to me at all. I also looked through the all different forums about the same issue, but I can't find anywhere and Sorry If I am posting the same questions as others did, but I can't find them and really need your help its been 3 days that I have been trying to find a problem to get it work. I tried to update Jelly Bean to my phone (T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS) on my Windows XP. I downloaded Kies from samsung site and got it up, got it connected but only problem is .. "cannot stop kiestrayagent process please reboot your PC and try again" I rebooted, I re installed Kies, and I still get the same problem. still can't get through to update Jelly Bean to my phone, HELP? :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I really need your help... Im desperated! I posted in few android forums about my issue with the kies, nobody will reply back to me at all. I also looked through the all different forums about the same issue, but I can't find anywhere and Sorry If I am posting the same questions as others did, but I can't find them and really need your help its been 3 days that I have been trying to find a problem to get it work. I tried to update Jelly Bean to my phone (T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS) on my Windows XP. I downloaded Kies from samsung site and got it up, got it connected but only problem is .. "cannot stop kiestrayagent process please reboot your PC and try again" I rebooted, I re installed Kies, and I still get the same problem. still can't get through to update Jelly Bean to my phone, HELP? :(

Try uninstalling, and redownloading. Before opening up the install file you may have to adjust the compatibility. To do that, right click on it, look for run compatibility or go down to Properties. A new window should pop up, with different tabs along the top. Compatibility should be there. Click on that tab, and about 1/3 of the way don the window should be a run compatibility box. Make sure it is checked, and click the drop down box and select Windows XP Service Pack 3. Click Apply and then OK. Then try to open the installer.

This is the only idea I have so hopefully it works.

SirServed

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just ran into this same issue trying to update the firrmware for my device. Basically when you get the prompt to update Kies itself, DO NOT click yes right away. Press ctrl+shift+esc to bring up your Task Manager. Sort by name in the top column. Scroll down to K and end the kies pdlr and kies tray agent processes. Now you can click yes. Enjoy!

zippoking

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting the message about cannot stop kies agent tray, I tried manually ending the process like you suggest but that didn't help. I have Win7 64, can't seem to upgrade my skyrocket without this kies update....

zippoking

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
OK I think I figured this out, for those two above mentioned things to kill in task manager, when it asks you about the update, instead I tried "end process tree" and that seems to have done it for updating Kies. Anyone know what the difference is vs. just "end process"

RCA1186

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
YES thank you, this worked, got to the update prompt in Kies, clicked control shift escape then only ended the kies tray agent in processes, clicked update and it worked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed