Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Red face Re: Galaxy s2 cannot download updates or new apps

Oh great. Thank you so so so soooooooooooo much. It worked as "Stu40" says. You simply great. I once again thanks Stu40.
    It worked in simple two steps. *#9900# -----> option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat
    Awww.. you are great. marvellous.. You really helped me a lot man. (sorry, you are gentleman).. You saved my time. I've been facing the problem for a week. but...just two steps. Wow, you are awesome, man. I bow down to you my friend.

Thumbs up Re: Galaxy s2 cannot download updates or new apps

Thanks Stu40,

Quote Originally Posted by Stu40 View Post
    A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That’s it!
    I followed your instructions and everything seems good. Although it did wipe out all the internet bookmarks (except default ones).
    But all my phone contacts are still there, PHEW!
    If I find any other adverse effects I'll post them on this thread.

Thanks again

Default Re: Galaxy s2 cannot download updates or new apps

A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That’s it!
    Stu, Thank you very much. Like a lot of people I have also had this problem which started about a month ago and was driving me nuts. Thank to your brilliant tip it solved it. Many many thanks

Thank you. After weeks of frustration I have gone from 89% down to 24%

I still have Gingerbread (v 2.3.6) on my phone so this is not necessarily associated with a newer version of Android.

Does deleting the log files provide a fairly long term fix? It sounded like others had reset their phones and still had their system memory consumed over a short period of time.

Are there any other adverse effects? Someone mentioned losing their bookmarks which is really not that big of a deal.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!

To STU40 ---> Dude i created an id in here just because i could not stop my self from telling you that you are a god to solve this problem.
    I even called up the samsung phone support centre and all they could come up with was to reset my phone or take it to a service centre where i would have to stand up in a queue for 2 hours.
    Thank you for solving my problem in a matter of seconds.
    Lena Kudimova likes this.

Stu40 complete legend, worked perfectly and nothing lost. Thank you

After searching a solution for days in dozens of italian forums I finally got the right one. Thank's a lot Stu40!

You said to dial #9900#, but no menu came up for me...is there anything else I can do?
    GNF

Sara2686: You probably forgot to type in the * (asterisk) so type: *#9900#
    Worked for me

GNF
    GNF

Quote Originally Posted by nitinkedia80 View Post
    To STU40 ---> Dude i created an id in here just because i could not stop my self from telling you that you are a god to solve this problem.
    I even called up the samsung phone support centre and all they could come up with was to reset my phone or take it to a service centre where i would have to stand up in a queue for 2 hours.
    Thank you for solving my problem in a matter of seconds.
    Same here!
    STU40, if you are ever visiting Amsterdam, send me a pm and I will buy you a beer!
    Thanked by:

There are times when your life is changed by others. Stu40 you have touched so many lives with one simple act. Thank you so much. Open some sort of donation link. You deserve some form of reward.
    Lena Kudimova likes this.

Thanks Stu, I manage a friends samsung, updates, clean ups installations etc. Her phone has been showing " system running low" for so long that I can't think when it first started. I can not up date anything and the phone is sooooo slow. I have searched and searched for a fix, to no avail, until I came across your suggestion. 1/2 a minute to enter the details and do its job and WOW! Went from 1.95 gb of 1.97 capacity to 723 mb of 1.97. Thank you Thankyou

Stu you are exactly what every one else said, a blooming life saver.
    Tried everything to recover memory and all the gains I made disappeared quite quickly.
    Your solution not only cleared more memory than all other suggestions but looks to be a long term gain.
    I solute you sir.

Thanks a ton Stu40! You made my day.

Thank you man.
    I had a little more than 100 Mb of free space and after that i´m with 1,5 Gb of free space. Thak you so much.

Question Re: Galaxy s2 cannot download updates or new apps

What do the rest of the menu buttons do, are there any other hidden menus and how can i mazimise the internal memory rather than the 2gb they give me. ie how do i root or do another way of gaining access to maximum memory

I tried this but I get a message saying "connection problem or invalid mmi code"
    I typed it in exactly as you said "*#9900#" and all I get is this message.

Could I get the same result using a usb or an app? My phone is rooted by the way.

You are a Guru pal, such an awsome solution. My internal memory droped down from whooping 90% to 24% !!! Can you believe it.... Thanks a lot Stu40.

Quote Originally Posted by sgsreejith View Post
    You are a Guru pal, such an awsome solution. My internal memory droped down from whooping 90% to 24% !!! Can you believe it.... Thanks a lot Stu40.
    I keep getting an error when I do, this.. Please help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkindonuts64 View Post
    I tried this but I get a message saying "connection problem or invalid mmi code"
    I typed it in exactly as you said "*#9900#" and all I get is this message.

Could I get the same result using a usb or an app? My phone is rooted by the way.
    I am having the same issue, did you find an soluations? Thanks

Thanks for headstart.
    I tried everything to fix it up.
    1- deleting extra large app
    2- made a space of 300 mb free
    3- moved app to sd card
    4- deleted cache

But When i saw the ''culprit app' in your post, i tried to find it. WaLa..!!!.....Now my app is going to be updated on its own. No more "insufficient storage available '' warning..

Happy to get my old S2 back on the track...

Thanks so much! It works perfectly!

Hi, I've recently seen exactly this problem, and don't have a massive number of apps.....I tried the #9900# solution.....I got a message on screen saying USSD code running followed by the error Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Any suggestions anyone?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast