Galaxy S2 cannot download updates or new apps

Dante Buentes

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s2 cannot download updates or new apps

A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 ?Delete dumpstate/logcat? in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That?s it!
Thank you man.
I had a little more than 100 Mb of free space and after that i?m with 1,5 Gb of free space. Thak you so much.

mark broderick

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

What do the rest of the menu buttons do, are there any other hidden menus and how can i mazimise the internal memory rather than the 2gb they give me. ie how do i root or do another way of gaining access to maximum memory

Dunkindonuts64

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 ?Delete dumpstate/logcat? in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That?s it!

I tried this but I get a message saying "connection problem or invalid mmi code"
I typed it in exactly as you said "*#9900#" and all I get is this message.

Could I get the same result using a usb or an app? My phone is rooted by the way.

sgsreejith

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

You are a Guru pal, such an awsome solution. My internal memory droped down from whooping 90% to 24% !!! Can you believe it.... Thanks a lot Stu40.

Ashley Goodwins

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
You are a Guru pal, such an awsome solution. My internal memory droped down from whooping 90% to 24% !!! Can you believe it.... Thanks a lot Stu40.

I keep getting an error when I do, this.. Please help!!!!

I tried this but I get a message saying "connection problem or invalid mmi code"
I typed it in exactly as you said "*#9900#" and all I get is this message.

Could I get the same result using a usb or an app? My phone is rooted by the way.

I am having the same issue, did you find an soluations? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Safayet Mohammad

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for headstart.
I tried everything to fix it up.
1- deleting extra large app
2- made a space of 300 mb free
3- moved app to sd card
4- deleted cache

But When i saw the ''culprit app' in your post, i tried to find it. WaLa..!!!.....Now my app is going to be updated on its own. No more "insufficient storage available '' warning..

Happy to get my old S2 back on the track...

Johan Sterk

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Thanks so much! It works perfectly!

Chaz Mein

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I've recently seen exactly this problem, and don't have a massive number of apps.....I tried the #9900# solution.....I got a message on screen saying USSD code running followed by the error Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Any suggestions anyone?

everdale

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

For those of you getting error codes when calling *#9900#:

I had the same problem. But instead of using the dialer I usually do (GO Dialer), I used the standard dialer that came with the phone (in my case the app-name was Phone). And it worked!

pingurose

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, been havingthe same issue as well and found this post joined the forum and thought my internal memory issues were all sorted with the *#9900# clear dumb etc.... but NO my phone still only shows 200mb internal storage and still get low memory message......... can anyone help PLEASE.... :)

Jose Luis Pardo

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

This hack absolutely worked for me thank you for your input.
It freed about 500 Mb on the phone's memory and from then on wards I have been able to download and update apps. It has also sped up the phone and time reaction to open and close apps. Now I know, that the S2 is LIMITED to up to 2Gb of apps and the SD card with 12Gb that came with the phone is useful only for storage space (music, work files and pictures).

This all happened when the phone automatically loaded Jelly bean 4.1.1 which also freezes the phone from time to time and the welcome screen when you dial the pass code.
I used the "Phone" app to dial the magic hack.

RoshoIvanov

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

Same stupid long lasting issue.The "magic hack" didn't work for me. Help, guys :(

Last edited:

jorgelsalas

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Thank you very much for this post. I was running into the same issues described here. I was almost certain I had to root the device to delete these logs but thanks to your post I didn't had to root my phone.

Vshall

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks a lot. For the past couple of months ever since I upgraded to jelly bean, I couldn't update my apps because the phone surprisingly showed 'Insufficient Storage Space'.all the time. I have been trying to look up for all possible ways to free up memory but in vain. Your resolution worked liked a miracle. I could update all my apps now. :)

Marco Gasparroni

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Honestly,
if I could give a prize for the most useful answer on an IT forum, I would give it to Stu40.
I have searched for a suitable answer for weeks: the most valuable solution found was a factory reset (others were suggesting a rooting or the reinstall of ICS instead of Jelly Bean).
No real "painless" solution from anywhere. Stu40 have provided a straightforward solution clearly from an advanced expert position: congratulations!
Season's Greetings,
Marco

Ahermadz

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

_s(vote down)acceptedHere's a very simple solution that works on my*Samsung Galaxy S II*and NOTE 1 ; I have no idea about other models:Open the Phone app and switch to Keypad.Dial**#9900#On the screen that appears, click on the button labelled "Delete dumpstate/logcat".I've restored about one GB of system space this way.

Kimani Njane

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

This is Genius! I had previously uninstalled too many important Apps in the hope of freeing space to no avail! I now have more than a 1 GB of free space after dialing *#9900#! Thank you.
Kimani
Nairobi, Kenya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol