Galaxy S2 cannot download updates or new apps

pahey

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having a very similar problem on my S2 Skyrocket. The *#9...does not clear any available memory. I have been looking, but have not yet found any other recommendations to pursue.

Anyone?

Thanks much!

pg004

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Doin *#9900# clear the memory ..but seconds time its not clearing much space.
So again same problem. .anyone know the solution

DazSeaton

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s2 cannot download updates or new apps

A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 �Delete dumpstate/logcat� in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That�s it!

Thanks Stu, you just saved me replacing my daughters S2. Running perfectly again. cheers.

ChrisDeanNZ

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Stu - I join the throngs of grateful people. I've been struggling with ~80mb free for about a year - and have to delete apps left right and centre to keep it going. that 2 mins task that you suggest has given me 851MB free out of 1.05GB. Awesome - thanks so much.,

tansep14

May 13, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like the #9900# is the answer but I tried this but my phone is coming up "Connection problem or Invalid MMI code" any ideas?

tacudtap

May 3, 2015
Visit site
A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 �Delete dumpstate/logcat� in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That�s it!

When I dial this number an alert pops up saying "unable to process request".

Petr Popelka

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem. Have you found the solution? If yes, please send it on my email (email address removed by mod)
Thanks.
Petr

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Muhammad

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I purchased my samsung galaxy s2 two and a half years ago. It came loaded with android 2.x.x or 3.x.x (can't really remember) and everything worked just fine.
A while ago i performed a firmware upgrade, via samsung kies, to android 4 (ice cream sandwich). Since the update i have been experiencing a problem - i cannot download new app updates or new apps that are larger than a few (~4) MB. When trying to download a new app i get an "application cannot be installed in the default install location" notification, and trying to update i get "insufficient storage available".

I recently updated to android 4.1.2 (jelly bean), but the problem was not solved. Furthermore, i now get a "storage space running low" notification, and my phone does not sync with apps (gmail, for instance).

When checking storage space, i see that i have 1.79/1.97GB used in the system storage category and 2.12/11.5GB used in the USB storage category. I do not have an SD card.

How can I use the USB storage for photos, videos and apps instead of the system storage, and will it solve the problem?
Thanks a lot

It needs few seconds to solve the problem. Okey.Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 �Delete dumpstate/logcat� in the prompted menu.
Thanks

tacudtap

May 3, 2015
Visit site
It needs few seconds to solve the problem. Okey.Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 �Delete dumpstate/logcat� in the prompted menu.
Thanks

So weird. I tried this multiple times and got that error yet I just tried it again for fun and it worked! However, this doesn't really help me as it still doesn't solve the issue of not being able to use the other 10G of internal storage labeled as "USB“. I have searched forums like this one for months trying to find a solution for this but no one seems to have a solution. Very frustrating. What good is 10G of storage if you can't use it?

hokage0kitt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been having this problem for a while and couldn't find any actual help on the internet. Finally, I figured something out on my own! My phone has only 2GB of storage (1.54GB) and with the apps I have installed, I always have to go through and clear the cache and data for every app. Then delete something if that doesn't help.

I wanted to remove the factory apps from my phone, but you can't do that without rooting it (no thanks). So instead, I went through all of the factory apps I never use (Google Search, Google +, Google Play Newsstand, Hangouts, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies and TV, etc), cleared their date, uninstalled updates (this brought a 70 MB app to around 5 MB), and disabled the apps so that they wouldn't force update again. It doesn't get rid of them entirely, but it definitely clears up some space to get rid of that warning. O:)

Stu40uLegend

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

7 months of hating my phone and saving for a new one... ...fixed in 22 seconds. I think I love you Stu

shankarsharma07

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Dear Sir

I Hve also Samsung galaxy 2,bought it three years ago.
I am unable to update my any application and i dont have games in my phone ,whatever the application m downloading its show no sufficient memory on device its really pathetic service bcz all things are going to device memory so plz resolve my issue m handicap without it plz plz.

Plz confirm me data will be not deleted by dialing this number *#9900# or yes

regards
shankar sharma

Srihari Dowsil

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Stu , you are a LEGEND ! you just saved all of my time else I would have blindly done a master reset and just dealt with the same problem once again ! I give it to you man ! Amazing !

SD

Ergin Bajmaku

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

many thnx

Satijaima

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and when putting in the magic formula *#9900# the menu appears but - there is no option for
Delete dumpstate/logcat� in the prompted menu... instead it is written only 'Run dumpstate/logcat� in the prompted menu. so it say Run instead of Delete and when I choose it it doesn't free any memory, instead it takes another 2 mb away. HELP!!!

Pude

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
This is probably too late for you, but I made the same mistake you need an asterisk before the first #.

And over two years after your first post, you have helped out another SUPER frustrated user from Down Under, who was on the verge of giving up. I KNEW there'd be a simple fix somewhere. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

stellaivory

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Almost 3 years later and this worked like a charm on my old Samsung S2 (company pays for it and they won't upgrade the phone yet).

You are the best !

I made the same mistake - TWICE. But when i found the missing * it worked like a charm !

Probably too late, but you need a * before the first #.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey