Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my contact app crashed so all my contacts was erased

I need to recover all my contacts!!!! Suddenly my contact app crashed and erase all my data from the contact tab. What I can do to recover my contacts list?

Default Re: my contact app crashed so all my contacts was erased

Have you done a back up previously on Kies or your saved contacts on your SD card if you have one? If you have not done a back up on Kies previously you may have lost them for good but I have had a problem with one of my applications disappearing recently and when i have reinstalled it my saved information is still there. I was told this was due to the application being partly saved on the phone and partly on the SD card. This has happened since upgrading to JB. The way around this is to reinstall it then go to application manager, find the app and shift it from SD card to the phone.

Default Re: my contact app crashed so all my contacts was erased

Have you been syncing your contacts in with your Gmail account? When you try to create a new contact it gives you for option. Phone, sim, Samsung account and Google account. If you have been saving in your Google account or ever merged contacts with your Google account, you can retrieve them by signing in your Google account. If you haven't done it at past, please take it as a valuable lesson and always save and sync your contacts with your Google account.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums