Trying to root galaxy s2

daigleb

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm very new and very scared of rooting but it seems it may be my only option... I'm trying to get the jelly bean update for my Galaxy S2 but I can't connect to kies, i'm getting the error of "your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies". My carrier is Bell, I updated to ICS via Kies last year. From the research I've done, it seems I may have the European update of ICS?? Does this make sense to anyone? Being the "all or nothing" kinda girl, I decided to root it and update it that way. I shouldn't have done it because now my "home" button doesn't work, who knew how useful that button really is!! I need help! I think I skipped a step: This is what I did: I downloaded Odin v1.85, then downloaded Siyah-s2-v6.0b4.tar file and installed this according to the instructions, my phone rebooted and everything and now I'm left with no home button. I think I should've downloaded something to root an ICS phone???
This is info that may or may not be important, I really have no clue but it may be useful to you in order to help me!! I've backed up all my data and apps, I can reset to factory if need be, would rather not tho!
PDA: I9100MUGLD3
PHONE: I9100MUGLD3
CSC: I9100MBMCLD3
Model GT-i9100M
Android Version: 4.0.3
Kernel Version: 3.0..31-Siyah-s2-vs.ob4+gm@ubuntu #57
USB Debugging was on when doing connected to Odin

Thanks in advance for your help!
B.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads