Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RomanCO
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wallpapers Resizing After 4.1.2 Update

Hi guys,

After a loooooong waiting time... yesterday I was finally offered to make the update to 4.1.2

Since then, one annoying thing I've noticed, is that none of my old wallpapers, already resized to 480x800 (the native SGS2 screen size) fits any more correctly.

All of them have now to be "square cropped", then later zoomed, losing obviously its clear image quality.

Does any one knows how to correct this annoying "new behavior" ???

TIA.-

Global Posts
    22,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Wallpapers Resizing After 4.1.2 Update

Quote Originally Posted by rax369 View Post
    Hi guys,

After a loooooong waiting time... yesterday I was finally offered to make the update to 4.1.2

Since then, one annoying thing I've noticed, is that none of my old wallpapers, already resized to 480x800 (the native SGS2 screen size) fits any more correctly.

All of them have now to be "square cropped", then later zoomed, losing obviously its clear image quality.

Does any one knows how to correct this annoying "new behavior" ???

TIA.-
    DO you have a scrolling wallpaper? That may be part of the problem. Otherwise, do you have the original photos? I would suggest to load one that was unedited, and see what happens. I think the S2 crops it down a little when it makes image a wallpaper.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I've also had this issue. My pics are a perfect size and when setting as wallpaper or for my lock screen, it will only zoom in/out using a square format, so body and legs are gone and the face is zoomed in. A head shoulder shot is worse as eyes, nose and mouth get zoomed in... I'm using go launcher on my galaxy s2.
    Any help will be appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem. This is a screenshot of how it looks like when setting the wallpaper: http://oi44.tinypic.com/2wn03gp.jpg
    Only the middle rectangular part of the picture is set as a wallpaper, both sides of it, top and the bottom are cut off. I can't find any way of changing it.

Wy,wy, wy do they change this? I spent hours finding, croping, resizing my pix to fit the screen (S2) and now they go and do this. Not eaven the option "Would you like to crop pic".
    Wished in never upgraded to jelly 2.1.2. Anway, finished moaning now.
    I managed to keep my pix for backscreen by using an external app, Wallpaper Wizardii, it let's you set the 480x800 (in full) so there's no croping.
    As for the lockscreen,,, no luck there. Have to get new pix in 1920x1920 an crop them when i set it, but should you find another way to do it, please let me know.

Best of luck

Solution found. Thought of sharing. Requires to install this super light app but they designed it exclusively for this issue. Yeah, it was very jacked up of them at Android. Have fuuuun!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.twcrop&hl=en
    Thanked by 3:
    fazreen_sabli and Fake Healer like this.

Hi guys, how about note 3? Any way to fix this issue for the note 3? The cropping to set as wallpaper is really annoying!

thanx alot man!

great solution!
    thanx!!

Works! Thanks man

thanks bro been a year i had this problem.