Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alboy81
  • 1 Post By Mike_SG
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Kies...Worst software ever?

Ok, so for like an hour now i have been trying just to connect my Galaxy S2 to my laptop via Kies. I have had all manner of problems plugging in the USB, unplugging it, trying again. I have now managed to connect but i have no idea why it has worked this time.
    Are there some settings on my phone which i have to be careful with? I have recently updated to Jellybean 4.1.2. Or is Kies just the biggest load of rubbish ever?
    dlloyd6565 likes this.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Sense 6

Default Re: Samsung Kies...Worst software ever?

Quote Originally Posted by alboy81 View Post
    Ok, so for like an hour now i have been trying just to connect my Galaxy S2 to my laptop via Kies. I have had all manner of problems plugging in the USB, unplugging it, trying again. I have now managed to connect but i have no idea why it has worked this time.
    Are there some settings on my phone which i have to be careful with? I have recently updated to Jellybean 4.1.2. Or is Kies just the biggest load of rubbish ever?
    Considering that Kies is Samsung's "proprietary" software needed to sync files and update, yes it is that terrible. Besides firmware updates, you can already plug the phone in a PC as a USB Mass Storage Device and drag-n-drop media files, no need for that Kies BS.

Also, Kies wreaks of "iTunes"......X(

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by alboy81 View Post
    While Kies is pretty crappy, the issue might have been impatience. For some reason, the Samsung drivers always take 10-15 minutes to do their thing the first time I plug the phone in. I thought it was just a Fascinate thing, but the Droid Charge and S3 both took forever to connect the first time I connected them.

Steve

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    While Kies is pretty crappy, the issue might have been impatience. For some reason, the Samsung drivers always take 10-15 minutes to do their thing the first time I plug the phone in. I thought it was just a Fascinate thing, but the Droid Charge and S3 both took forever to connect the first time I connected them.

Steve

I thought that only happened to me, I never got Kies to work for me, it always seemed to be stuck on loading the drivers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I've heard similar issues with people using Kies. I don't use it, so can't give my experience. If possible try not using it unless really necessary.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, it is. I got multiple copies of contacts, the sync hang due to taking more time than outlook permitted. In short, it's crap and I regret not to have bought another phone
    dlloyd6565 likes this.

Yes it is possibly the worst software I have ever come across in over 20 years of computing!!!
    Samsung purport to be an electronic technology manufacturer and in this modern age everything is computer based. I purchased a Galaxy 2 tab for my wife and liked it so much I bought myself one.
    I did actually get the tablet to connect once bit it has steadfastly refused to do so again despite software updates and one wireless android upgrade and hours on the phone to a Samsung *****. The only good thing that has come of it is that I will buy an I pad next and a Panasonic TV, if you are wise you will do the same!!!

Not 'possibly'. It definitely IS. It can't even get simple things right such as recognising new music saved to the Music folder. Which means you can't upload music easily to your Samsung phone.

I have never managed to get it to connect to my S4 Mini and so if a firmware upgrade comes along I am stuffed.

KIES Krap Incompetent Execrable Sofware

i cant believe the state of this software, i removed it with the last phone i had because every time i shut down my pc i would have to click on a end program now window, now i just reinstalled and updated it for my new s4 and i cant even get phone to hook to PC, what junk,
    then when we tryed a few months ago to hook the lap top to the home network it wouldnt , after hp looked at it for a hour and me for a hour i noticed the pc had called itself somewhere somthing like kies server, instead of what it was named when i got it, and i cant seem to change it , this software makes you want to smash all the computers in the house

No it makes you want to hit the cretins that developed this piece of garbage and the Samsmug managers who let it see the light of day. I contacted Sasmug help about this and their solution was for me to book a time slot with them and allow remote management of my phone so they could sort out the problem. And to set aside 2 hours for this!!!

Try Coolmuster if you have a Mac. It looks promising

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I have not used any SS app yet. After flashing rom, i removed all SS apps for saving storage

how the beep do i get photos from my phone to xp PC with out useing this thing that dosnt even work and causes PC problems??

Who designed this REAL PIECE OF ****? I'm not an Apple fan,but honestly Mr Samsung please go and solve this ****ty Kies before you can pretend to match your a** with Itunes. REALLY DISAPPOINTED...WHAT THE HELL HAS YOUR ENGINEERS BEEN DOING? ONLY SCRATCHING AND SMELLING THEIR D...?