I can't install apps from my SD Card to my phone

anon6074193

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded some android apps and put it on my SD Card and used Apk Installer and it came up saying "Cancel or Install" and I tried pressing install but it doesn't do anything I can only press cancel.

How do I fix this?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded some paid android apps and put it on my SD Card and used Apk Installer and it came up saying "Cancel or Install" and I tried pressing install but it doesn't do anything I can only press cancel.

How do I fix this?

Welcome to the forums!

You aren't doing anything wrong, the OS doesn't allow for application data to be saved on an SD card. The OS is actually slower in loading an app when the data is located on the SD card, because Android has to spend time looking for it.

Are you running out of available memory?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. No, I wanted to put paid apps on my phone is there any other way I can put paid apps on my phone?

Not that I am aware of. Google keeps a record of what you paid for. If you were to change phones now, and download the same app to the new device, it will be available. I paid for the PRO version of an app with my S2, and didn't pay for it again with my S3.

anon6074193

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I rooted my phone and it got bricked so I reinstalled it back to normal (Stock) but the counter is now on two how do I reset it without rooting it again?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I rooted my phone and it got bricked so I reinstalled it back to normal (Stock) but the counter is now on two how do I reset it without rooting it again?

You can't. Messing with the flash count can lead to a bricked device again. Because you would be playing with lines of code i the bootloader.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Triangle Away for Samsung devices: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&token=Amky07wP

Check that your S2 device is supported and that you understand how to use the app. You have to be rooted. If you successfully remove the triangle and flash counter you can flash a stock, unrooted ROM with stock kernel through Odin and not trigger another triangle or flash count.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Will there still be a log file counter as Golfdriver97 suggested ?

I should take a moment to clarify. I have read on other forums that even if you use Triangle Away, it will clear the count on Download mode. However, there is another log buried in the OS that can be accessed. I can't confirm that, though, and I could very be wrong.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I should take a moment to clarify. I have read on other forums that even if you use Triangle Away, it will clear the count on Download mode. However, there is another log buried in the OS that can be accessed. I can't confirm that, though, and I could very be wrong.

For the S2 or newer devices? This is the first time I've heard about a hidden file in the system other doesn't get reset with Triangle Away. But then again, there's a first for everything ;-). If you already rooted then there's no hurt in re rooting to use the app one time to erase what is already there.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For the S2 or newer devices? This is the first time I've heard about a hidden file in the system other doesn't get reset with Triangle Away. But then again, there's a first for everything ;-). If you already rooted then there's no hurt in re rooting to use the app one time to erase what is already there.

Not totally sure...that is why I clarified that I read that on the net. I could as easily be wrong. What I read pertained to clearing flash count, sent in for warranty, and they still knew the OS had been messed with.