Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By longtime44
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S2 models

I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-S959G through Straight Talk. Is this model compatible with all other Samsung Galaxy S2 models?

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 models

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "compatible"? All Galaxy S2's have the same basic hardware, but there will usually be some minor software differences between carriers.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well there are 2 different kinds that I'm aware of. One has a physical button on the bottom kind of like the iphone button and then two touch screen buttons one on either side. And the one I have has the standard android "back, home, settings, and search" buttons. I was wondering about the phones hardware dimensions.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just to be more clear. Google Samsung Galaxy S2 note the buttons. Then Google "Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S2" and note the button is gone and replaced with a touch pad.

So you want to compare the technical specifications? I suggest going to a site like PhoneArena.com and entering your model number, and then compare that with any other Galaxy S2 that they have on file. I should correct my previous statement--you're right, there can be some minor hardware differences. Samsung also tends to add on other names to their models, like the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, or the Galaxy S2 Plus, which makes things very confusing.
    longtime44 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok thank you for your time!
    B. Diddy likes this.

The Straight Talk S959G is basically a rebranded AT&T GS2 (SGH-i777).

And not all the GS2's contain the same hardware. The AT&T GS2 Skyrocket (SGH-i727) and T-Mobile GS2 (SGH-T989) use a Snapdragon S3 CPU rather than Samsung's Exynos processor. The i9100G uses a Texas Instruments OMAP4430.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So What your saying is I can use ANY "skyrocket" case and it will fit perfectly to the phone itself? I'm just trying to be 100% so I don't waste money.

Any case that fits the original non-Skyrocket AT&T GS2 (SGH-i777) should fit your phone.

The Skyrocket has a larger screen (4.5"), so cases for that particular model won't fit.