Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Straight Talk GS2 update?

    How do I update my straight talk Galaxy S2? It has stock gingerbread and i would love to have ice cream sandwich. Jelly bean would be cool as well. But according to straight talk they wont push out the OTA update.

    Any ideas?

    Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Straight Talk GS2 update?

    Quote Originally Posted by longtime44 View Post
    How do I update my straight talk Galaxy S2? It has stock gingerbread and i would love to have ice cream sandwich. Jelly bean would be cool as well. But according to straight talk they wont push out the OTA update.

    Any ideas?

    Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app
    You can find the software online. Find what model you have (att, or t-mobile, etc) and find the stock file for the update and just sideload it.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Straight Talk GS2 update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    You can find the software online. Find what model you have (att, or t-mobile, etc) and find the stock file for the update and just sideload it.
    The straight talk GS2 is a different model than the ATT and T-Mobile versions. I would assume just like me he is here looking because Straight Talk doesn't have a stock repository for a ICS or JB update for the GS2.

    @longtime44 short of going to xda-developers and rooting your phone and installing a ROM for the ATT's i777 GS2 i don't think we're going to find ICS or JB update for this phone. I have read some users say that ShoStock3 works on the ST GS2 but I haven't tried it yet since the phone is my in-laws and not mine so I only have access to it once a month.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Straight Talk GS2 update?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyviper80 View Post
    The straight talk GS2 is a different model than the ATT and T-Mobile versions. I would assume just like me he is here looking because Straight Talk doesn't have a stock repository for a ICS or JB update for the GS2.

    @longtime44 short of going to xda-developers and rooting your phone and installing a ROM for the ATT's i777 GS2 i don't think we're going to find ICS or JB update for this phone. I have read some users say that ShoStock3 works on the ST GS2 but I haven't tried it yet since the phone is my in-laws and not mine so I only have access to it once a month.
    I was suggesting the possibility of buying an T-Mobile or AT&T model and simply put the ST Sim into it. Which may be the case. And if it is. You can just side load the update. It just depends on what model he has.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Straight Talk GS2 update?

    If I return this phone and buy the at&t version how hard is it to unlock the phone to use straight talk service?

    Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Straight Talk GS2 update?

    Quote Originally Posted by longtime44 View Post
    If I return this phone and buy the at&t version how hard is it to unlock the phone to use straight talk service?

    Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app
    You would have to buy a used S2 at this point for T mobile or AT&T Buy Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T) in US > Swappa
    and its as easy as placing the Straight talk SIM into it. You might have to update your APN settings. Which isnt hard. They are all over the web for Straight Talk
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Similar Threads

  1. Security policy update issue - help required
    By jane5050 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 08:08 AM
  2. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 06:09 PM
  3. HELP!!!! My Nexus 4 is unresponsive after the 4.3 update!
    By beebeebopbop in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 01:21 PM
  4. Moto X camera Update/Let the MAXX wait begin
    By SteelGator in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 06:43 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions