Cant see files using USB to PC that I see in Astro File Manager

inquiring2013

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my S2 Galaxy via USB to my PC I dont see all the files that I see when I use ASTRO File manager on the S2. I am trying to copy mp3 files from my PC to a folder on the S2 but some folders and files dont appear when I view the S2 on my PC using the USB cable. Any ideas why I get an incomplete file and folder listing when using USB to PC?

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the USB connection mode is MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), some folders are hidden. You'd need the "USB Mass Storage" or "Disk Drive" mode to see most folders (excluding protected system ones), but most newer phones don't allow you to do that any more.

Try using AirDroid, which allows you to transfer files wirelessly using an easy desktop interface.

inquiring2013

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if the files I see using my USB to PC are for the Internal SD card ONLY and that I'm not seeing the files for the External SD card-if this is true, then how can I view the files and folders on my phones External SD card when I connect the USB cable from my Galaxy S2 to my PC??

Thanks for consdering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01