Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Victoras Marcu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy SII - Media Volume Drops When Getting A Call

So the last few days my phone started annoying the hell out of me. When someone is calling me on screen, a bar with the media volume shows up and makes the media volume to 0 then when the call is over it returns it back to normal. Problem is it never showed me this until now...like ever and its annoying me . Also when i try to call someone after i hang up (or they hang up) it shows the media bar again at full volume. And again why does it show it at all. If i restart the device and try calling some 1 and hang up it doesnt show but the moment someone calls me its shows up again and when i call them it shows up again... u get by now. How can i make the bar not show. I cheked out every setting possible my friends tried too. We had the same phones and same setting and mine shows the media volume control bar and my friend's doesnt... PLEASE HELP

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy SII - Media Volume Drops When Getting A Call

Quote Originally Posted by raTexBG View Post
    So the last few days my phone started annoying the hell out of me. When someone is calling me on screen, a bar with the media volume shows up and makes the media volume to 0 then when the call is over it returns it back to normal. Problem is it never showed me this until now...like ever and its annoying me . Also when i try to call someone after i hang up (or they hang up) it shows the media bar again at full volume. And again why does it show it at all. If i restart the device and try calling some 1 and hang up it doesnt show but the moment someone calls me its shows up again and when i call them it shows up again... u get by now. How can i make the bar not show. I cheked out every setting possible my friends tried too. We had the same phones and same setting and mine shows the media volume control bar and my friend's doesnt... PLEASE HELP
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am curious if clearing the cache in recovery will help.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am curious if clearing the cache in recovery will help.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Hi friend,

Had the same problem on rooted N4,
    After trying various things I opened the DSP Manager (headset, speaker etc sound management app.) and disabled bass boost. It did the trick for me. Hope it helps.

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by logon k View Post
    Hi friend,

After trying various things I opened the DSP Manager (headset, speaker etc sound management app.) and disabled bass boost. It did the trick for me. Hope it helps.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Hope it works out for you. See you around the forums.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Have the same problem. Nevermind if someone calls me or I do. Sometimes it does it sometimes no. After restart it stops for few calls and then again. most times cleaning ram helps for few minutes but.... then again. I'm thinking about reinsalling!! I'm on Galaxy Core Duos android 4.1.2

P.S. It lowers not only media to 0 but notif. and system to 1 and ringtone to 3. Extreamly anoying!!!!!

same problem with my samsung quattro android 4.1.2 please help its very annoying

---
    Hi friend,

---
    Well, I saw this and tried it. It worked for few moments then, but the problem reappeared very quickly.
    So 4 days passed since this problem disappeared, after uninstalling a 3rd party app for navigation.
    Thanked by:
    al0007 
    al0007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoras Marcu View Post
    ---
    So 4 days passed since this problem disappeared, after uninstalling a 3rd party app for navigation.
    Could you please post the name of this application here?
    I have the same problem but can't find the app that causes it.

----
    It seems I found it. This is "MapFactor: GPS Navigation", right?