Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Unfortunately, the process com.google . process.gapps has stopped"

Hello all,

So my dad's Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, running on 4.1.2, is going crazy since last night. Dad told me that it was lagging a bit, so I just cleared the cache of some apps and started to work fine.
    Today, I opened the Play Store, typed in the search bar, selected the app and when I pressed Install, the Play Store crashed. After that, swiping through a single home screen took 8-10 seconds. Basically, I found out that whenever I touch the screen, it would hang up, show "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped working" and then process the touch input. So I restarted it. Upon restarting, when I unlocked the phone I saw this "Unfortunately, the process
    com.google . process.gapps has stopped". It seemed to me that some app stopped working, but what app?? After that, the usual "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped working" and ridiculously slow response of the phone. It's completely screwed up, and all his emails, important texts are on the phone so I can't do a factory reset.

Please help! What should I do? Please reply fast. Thank you!

Global Posts
    26,523 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: "Unfortunately, the process com.google . process.gapps has stopped"

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Hakim View Post
    Hello all,

So my dad's Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, running on 4.1.2, is going crazy since last night. Dad told me that it was lagging a bit, so I just cleared the cache of some apps and started to work fine.
    Today, I opened the Play Store, typed in the search bar, selected the app and when I pressed Install, the Play Store crashed. After that, swiping through a single home screen took 8-10 seconds. Basically, I found out that whenever I touch the screen, it would hang up, show "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped working" and then process the touch input. So I restarted it. Upon restarting, when I unlocked the phone I saw this "Unfortunately, the process
    com.google . process.gapps has stopped". It seemed to me that some app stopped working, but what app?? After that, the usual "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped working" and ridiculously slow response of the phone. It's completely screwed up, and all his emails, important texts are on the phone so I can't do a factory reset.

Please help! What should I do? Please reply fast. Thank you!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Sometimes going into Settings>Apps>Menu>Reset app preferences sometimes helps Google Play issues.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Default Re: "Unfortunately, the processcom.google . process.gapps has stopped"

In SETTINGS... go to APPS > ALL... scroll down to GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK... click on it, and then click the CLEAR DATA button

On nexus 5, "All" will be on rightmost tab

I cleared data for youtube and other gapps, but I think above did the trick.