Dear god help!

bex3110

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
In diar need of help. My s2 done an update but at the same time cleared everything from my phone including my ability to text or even look at contacts. The screen comes up black I can still get to the tool bar for my wifi etc but the only thing that appears on my lock screen is a google shortcut and camera short cut. Iv reset phone god knows how many times or how many different ways. And it still won't work. What do I do please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You said lock screen--do you mean home screen? Are you saying you're unable to unlock the phone on the lockscreen, or that all of the shortcuts that you had before on the homescreen are gone?

Remember that shortcuts on the homescreen are not the actual apps, so if you don't see them on the homescreen, they're not gone. You should still be able to bring up your App Drawer (the list of all apps), and then you can start placing shortcuts on your homescreen again by pressing and holding an app, and dragging it to a homescreen.

bex3110

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I mean I can only see my lock screen as soon as I unlock my phone its just a black screen that comes up. I can't get on anything. When I try go on the main menu (app drawer) thing nothing comes up at all. Like no folders come up from the simple things like contacts and sms. I can't get onto anything in my phone except what shortcuts are on my lock screen which are google and camera. But my contacts n messaging used to b there too. I can physically do jack all on my phone since this update clearly went haywire! :'(

bex3110

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tried setting a photo as my home screen pic by going thru the drop down tool bar and going thru display etc I set one. I locked my phone then unlocked it again it showed the pic for less than a second and the screen went back to black

bex3110

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
And keeps coming up a different bunch of (for example) unfortunately my files Has stopped running. Or unfortunately .com android (or suhin along they lines) has stopped running

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might need to reload the stock ROM using Odin. I'm not familiar with the process, but let me ask one of the other Ambassadors.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you

You can reload a stock ROM by downloading the file. Samsung updates.com has a decent library of files.
Look for your exact model number.
You will need to download and install Odin on your PC.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae