1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dear god help!

In diar need of help. My s2 done an update but at the same time cleared everything from my phone including my ability to text or even look at contacts. The screen comes up black I can still get to the tool bar for my wifi etc but the only thing that appears on my lock screen is a google shortcut and camera short cut. Iv reset phone god knows how many times or how many different ways. And it still won't work. What do I do please help

Default Re: Dear god help!

Welcome to Android Central! You said lock screen--do you mean home screen? Are you saying you're unable to unlock the phone on the lockscreen, or that all of the shortcuts that you had before on the homescreen are gone?

Remember that shortcuts on the homescreen are not the actual apps, so if you don't see them on the homescreen, they're not gone. You should still be able to bring up your App Drawer (the list of all apps), and then you can start placing shortcuts on your homescreen again by pressing and holding an app, and dragging it to a homescreen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I mean I can only see my lock screen as soon as I unlock my phone its just a black screen that comes up. I can't get on anything. When I try go on the main menu (app drawer) thing nothing comes up at all. Like no folders come up from the simple things like contacts and sms. I can't get onto anything in my phone except what shortcuts are on my lock screen which are google and camera. But my contacts n messaging used to b there too. I can physically do jack all on my phone since this update clearly went haywire!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

And now it keeps rebooting my phone like every 5 mins
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just tried setting a photo as my home screen pic by going thru the drop down tool bar and going thru display etc I set one. I locked my phone then unlocked it again it showed the pic for less than a second and the screen went back to black

Try booting into Recovery Mode and clearing the system cache partition. No personal data will be lost.

[Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

And keeps coming up a different bunch of (for example) unfortunately my files Has stopped running. Or unfortunately .com android (or suhin along they lines) has stopped running
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just tried this and my phones still not working I'm total freeking out cause I dinny ken how ti fix it

You might need to reload the stock ROM using Odin. I'm not familiar with the process, but let me ask one of the other Ambassadors.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank you

Global Posts
    13,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by bex3110 View Post
    Thank you
    You can reload a stock ROM by downloading the file. Samsung updates.com has a decent library of files.
    Look for your exact model number.
    You will need to download and install Odin on your PC.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Then look this over... [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
    [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Will give this a try thanks