Picasa: I need help!

Inferna

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I am brand new to the forum.
My SGS2 recently went into a bootloop. I had it wiped and restored, despite losing my apps, photos and contacts. I can recover my apps and contacts, however I permanently lost my photos, which I was gutted about.
After setting up the phone, I went into the gallery and realised that my phone had actually automatically backed up 330 of my videos and pictures! It was all through Picasa. After looking through it all, I realised that I could not delete any of the photos, or attach them to a whatsapp message, etc.
So here is the problem: I want to save and use hundreds of these pictures. However, there are some that I do not want on my device entirely. I also cannot move the picasa pictures to the external memory card.
Things you may want to know:
  • My device is unrooted and I am not going to root it.
  • I run Andorid 4.1.2 JB
  • The Picasa albums do not show up under 'My Files' or via KIES.
  • Some of the pictures are sentimental.
  • They show up under Google Photos.
  • I do not want to disable Picasa unless I can save the necessary pictures.
Thanks,
George

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I am brand new to the forum.
My SGS2 recently went into a bootloop. I had it wiped and restored, despite losing my apps, photos and contacts. I can recover my apps and contacts, however I permanently lost my photos, which I was gutted about.
After setting up the phone, I went into the gallery and realised that my phone had actually automatically backed up 330 of my videos and pictures! It was all through Picasa. After looking through it all, I realised that I could not delete any of the photos, or attach them to a whatsapp message, etc.
So here is the problem: I want to save and use hundreds of these pictures. However, there are some that I do not want on my device entirely. I also cannot move the picasa pictures to the external memory card.
Things you may want to know:
  • My device is unrooted and I am not going to root it.
  • I run Andorid 4.1.2 JB
  • The Picasa albums do not show up under 'My Files' or via KIES.
  • Some of the pictures are sentimental.
  • They show up under Google Photos.
  • I do not want to disable Picasa unless I can save the necessary pictures.
Thanks,
George

How bout getting them online from your PC, download them, and then drag them into your phone? If they are on your phone, they should be synced online too.