1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Picasa: I need help!

Hi! I am brand new to the forum.
    My SGS2 recently went into a bootloop. I had it wiped and restored, despite losing my apps, photos and contacts. I can recover my apps and contacts, however I permanently lost my photos, which I was gutted about.
    After setting up the phone, I went into the gallery and realised that my phone had actually automatically backed up 330 of my videos and pictures! It was all through Picasa. After looking through it all, I realised that I could not delete any of the photos, or attach them to a whatsapp message, etc.
    So here is the problem: I want to save and use hundreds of these pictures. However, there are some that I do not want on my device entirely. I also cannot move the picasa pictures to the external memory card.
    Things you may want to know:
    • My device is unrooted and I am not going to root it.
    • I run Andorid 4.1.2 JB
    • The Picasa albums do not show up under 'My Files' or via KIES.
    • Some of the pictures are sentimental.
    • They show up under Google Photos.
    • I do not want to disable Picasa unless I can save the necessary pictures.

Thanks,
    George

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Picasa: I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Inferna View Post
    Hi! I am brand new to the forum.
    My SGS2 recently went into a bootloop. I had it wiped and restored, despite losing my apps, photos and contacts. I can recover my apps and contacts, however I permanently lost my photos, which I was gutted about.
    After setting up the phone, I went into the gallery and realised that my phone had actually automatically backed up 330 of my videos and pictures! It was all through Picasa. After looking through it all, I realised that I could not delete any of the photos, or attach them to a whatsapp message, etc.
    So here is the problem: I want to save and use hundreds of these pictures. However, there are some that I do not want on my device entirely. I also cannot move the picasa pictures to the external memory card.
    Things you may want to know:
    • My device is unrooted and I am not going to root it.
    • I run Andorid 4.1.2 JB
    • The Picasa albums do not show up under 'My Files' or via KIES.
    • Some of the pictures are sentimental.
    • They show up under Google Photos.
    • I do not want to disable Picasa unless I can save the necessary pictures.

Thanks,
    George
    How bout getting them online from your PC, download them, and then drag them into your phone? If they are on your phone, they should be synced online too.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    How bout getting them online from your PC, download them, and then drag them into your phone? If they are on your phone, they should be synced online too.
    Great idea! Downloading them now. Thanks a lot!

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Inferna View Post
    Great idea! Downloading them now. Thanks a lot!
    Cool, glad I could help.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix