- 2 Posts
Slept with my SGS2 and now screen won't work
This morning i woke up from a phone call (my bf) i tried to answer it but it wouldn't let me and my phone case was wet (i guess i slobbed on it) so i tried
turning my phone off and taking the battery out..but that didn't work.. so now the screen is glitching and i cant un lock my phone the screen is fine and all but its still glitching... and it cant pick up my sensors.. any ideas to fix this ??? .
- 12-24-2013, 11:50 AM #2
Re: Slept with my SGS2 and now screen won't work
Welcome to the forums.
Phones and any type of fluid don't get along well. My guess is there is now a short somewhere on the device itself, like some kind of damage to the connections to the screen and the rest of the hardware.
With water damage the solution is usually to power down the phone and put the phone in a bag of rice for about a day. However, since the phone was on all night, this may prove to be a bigger problem.
Assuming you have no insurance, you may be able to see if there is some kind of repair shop near you. Phone repairs are becoming a bigger business these days. But, I would be fully prepared to replace the phone.
- By DayThyme in forum VerizonReplies: 18Last Post: 01-25-2014, 12:43 PM
- By Sot Day in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2014, 10:47 PM
- By Vin Buliam in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-27-2013, 10:55 AM
- By Bruce yeung in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-24-2013, 11:12 AM
- By syed kazim in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-24-2013, 11:02 AM