1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Slept with my SGS2 and now screen won't work

This morning i woke up from a phone call (my bf) i tried to answer it but it wouldn't let me and my phone case was wet (i guess i slobbed on it) so i tried
    turning my phone off and taking the battery out..but that didn't work.. so now the screen is glitching and i cant un lock my phone the screen is fine and all but its still glitching... and it cant pick up my sensors.. any ideas to fix this ??? .

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Slept with my SGS2 and now screen won't work

Welcome to the forums.
    Phones and any type of fluid don't get along well. My guess is there is now a short somewhere on the device itself, like some kind of damage to the connections to the screen and the rest of the hardware.
    With water damage the solution is usually to power down the phone and put the phone in a bag of rice for about a day. However, since the phone was on all night, this may prove to be a bigger problem.
    Assuming you have no insurance, you may be able to see if there is some kind of repair shop near you. Phone repairs are becoming a bigger business these days. But, I would be fully prepared to replace the phone.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Slept with my SGS2 and now screen won't work

Well we dont have any rice any other ideas? and this happened before and it got back to normal