Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Why is my battery draining so fast?!? Just unplugged at 100 an hour and a ahalf ago and im already at 43,with my screen using 77%,but ive barely been using it, and my brightness is all the way down?? I have a picture of it the batter usage, but i dont know how to post pictures on here lol. But can someone please help?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Horrible battery - 43 percent after an hour and a half

Is the battery new? Did this happen overnight? I mean, this is a 2+ year device...if you're still using the original battery chances are it's useful life is nearing its end. Granted, more than 50% after an hour is not normal even for a dying battery (unless it's REALLY been used in the past). You can post pictures by selecting the "Insert Image" icon on the composing toolbar on top, it would help better diagnose what's going on.
    B. Diddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Is the battery new? Did this happen overnight? I mean, this is a 2+ year device...if you're still using the original battery chances are it's useful life is nearing its end. Granted, more than 50% after an hour is not normal even for a dying battery (unless it's REALLY been used in the past). You can post pictures by selecting the "Insert Image" icon on the composing toolbar on top, it would help better diagnose what's going on.
    I just got a new battery a day before i posted this, so it not that the battery is old. And it was when i woke up that it happened. And i still don't see the insert image that you are talking about /:

Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the battery from? There's always the possibility that the battery is a dud or a fake.

Try installing GSam Battery Monitor, which will give you a more detailed breakdown of battery usage.

Hi there,

Have you 'calibrated' the battery yet? (Let it charge to 100%, let it deplete itself until the phone shuts off, charge to a 100% again). Now, this should improve the accuracy of the battery readings but I doubt it'll radically improve on a 50%-an-hour loss... I either suspect a faulty battery or a VERY rogue app is eating away at your battery.

As for the image attachment, here you go
    Horrible battery - 43 percent after an hour and a half-pictureinsert.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed you're using the Android Central App... I'm not sure how to do it from there, the image I posted was when replying in the website.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the battery from? There's always the possibility that the battery is a dud or a fake.

Try installing GSam Battery Monitor, which will give you a more detailed breakdown of battery usage.
    This is my second new battery in 2 weeks, both were like this. I downloaded the app you suggested and will see what it gives me.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Hi there,

Have you 'calibrated' the battery yet? (Let it charge to 100%, let it deplete itself until the phone shuts off, charge to a 100% again). Now, this should improve the accuracy of the battery readings but I doubt it'll radically improve on a 50%-an-hour loss... I either suspect a faulty battery or a VERY rogue app is eating away at your battery.

As for the image attachment, here you go
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PictureInsert.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	98674

EDIT: I just noticed you're using the Android Central App... I'm not sure how to do it from there, the image I posted was when replying in the website.
    The biggest thing that drained it was my screen (77%) but the screen on time was mayne 30 minutes. Below that was android OS, with 7%.

And i dont think you can post pictures via the app, cause i don't see anything

Hi,
    I also have a battery problem with my galaxy s2. It drains battery over night even though nothing is turned on(wifi,3g). It loses about 8-10% during the night. Maybe it doesn't seem that much but i know that it shouldn't lose anything. At least that is how it used to be. I changed the battery and took phone to servis,they reinstalled the softver and calibrated the battery but it's still the same. I don't know what it is but battery does't last as it did before. Can someone help me with this.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marin88 View Post
    Hi,
    I also have a battery problem with my galaxy s2. It drains battery over night even though nothing is turned on(wifi,3g). It loses about 8-10% during the night. Maybe it doesn't seem that much but i know that it shouldn't lose anything. At least that is how it used to be. I changed the battery and took phone to servis,they reinstalled the softver and calibrated the battery but it's still the same. I don't know what it is but battery does't last as it did before. Can someone help me with this.thanks

I had the same problem before I upgrade my S2 to 4.1.2 now seem okay, if I off my data traffic + 3G the battery still maintain at 93% in the morning. Hope this help.

Well, i already have 4.1.2. so i think that is not a problem. Everything is the same as before except the battery life. For some reason is draining and i can't figure it why

I still have a GS2 with 2 batteries though I was lucky to buy a Note 3 cheapish and joined AC four weeks ago.

To post photos I noticed people on that forum were posting via Tapatalk, so I downloaded that but prefer the AC app on my phone.

I have had the GS2 for 18 months (June 2012 when I got a good deal when GS3 had been out a while).

I don't know if you have Google Now and + running, but they devour data and battery. I found by accident last week you can cancel your Google + account but still use your Google account and email. You can disable Google Now.

also disable, force stop and clear any Samsung apps you don't use.

Mainly though untick all location services. I thought I had done that but only turned off GPS and WiFi when I didn't need it.

You will know most of this already, but try and keep new GS2 batteries between 5 and 95 %.
    Wilkinsons sell a charger with a chip that knows when its full, though I haven't bought one. (Oops I'm in the UK but there must be similar around)

I always keep a spare in a perspex bag in my pocket.

I have a 5/2012 and a 5/2013 stamped Samsung battery and the performance on both does deteriorate, but not shockingly so as yet. For 5.00 here for a genuine one (6 months ago anyway) its always worth getting a genuine other.

This is my first foray in to the GS2 forum. Mine is on 4.1.2 also; it came in the box with 4.0.

If I can think of anything else when I use it I may add here.

Probably not much help though.

I know nothing.