Galaxy S II - After overwriting Memo.db, the Memo app doesn't work.

SamDaCat

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I went through all kinds of search about the problem I'm having but no luck so far.
Suddenly my Galaxy S2 doesn't recognize my network (keep getting "mobile network not allow", and I did days of research and tried all the methods but can't fix it),
so I did a factory reset (also didn't fix the problem).
Before I did it, I copied the Memo.db (through Root Explorer), saved it in SD and after reset, I did overwrite in the same folder.
When I tap the stock Memo app, "Memo has stopped" message shows up and the app doesn't start.
Here are some more info;
The phone is rooted, but not upgraded. it came with 4.1.2 version.
After I did overwrite, I also checked the "permission" and unchecked all 3 under Executive.

I hope I can find some help. Thanks for your time.

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
I went through all kinds of search about the problem I'm having but no luck so far.
Suddenly my Galaxy S2 doesn't recognize my network (keep getting "mobile network not allow", and I did days of research and tried all the methods but can't fix it),
so I did a factory reset (also didn't fix the problem).
Before I did it, I copied the Memo.db (through Root Explorer), saved it in SD and after reset, I did overwrite in the same folder.
When I tap the stock Memo app, "Memo has stopped" message shows up and the app doesn't start.
Here are some more info;
The phone is rooted, but not upgraded. it came with 4.1.2 version.
After I did overwrite, I also checked the "permission" and unchecked all 3 under Executive.

I hope I can find some help. Thanks for your time.
Are you certain the touchwiz memo saves its contents in the sdcard? and not in data/data?
If its in sdcard and your file manager allows you, give it all the permissions. Read, write and execute, though I thought fat32 did not follow linux permissions, as in, its usually read and write.

Although unrelated, in the future, I suggest you change your memo app, to something like evernote or any other remote syncing application.

SamDaCat

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi gxgs, thanks for your reply.
I don't use the touchwiz app. I just use the stock memo app that comes with the phone.
I try to minimize number of apps I install. But it seems like I better find a good app and stick with it.
But I still would like to restore old memo from memo.db first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara