1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Help Kies

So I've installed kies for the 5th time and I'm still having the same problem; I am pretty sure I did everything correctly. I downloaded kies and installed the necessary drivers, but when I plug in my phone Via USB nothing happens. There is no recognition what so ever that my phone is plugged in by the computer or the program. On my phone it says it's charging but I've watched video tutorials and seen a USB symbol appear. What went wrong. I've tried using different USB pugs but to no avail. Please help.

Global Posts
    13,960 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Help Kies

Try different cables, restart the PC, and if you are using any USB hubs, disconnect those.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried but still nothing I don't have any more micro USBs in my house so I don't know what to do.

Global Posts
    13,960 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Not sure what else to suggest

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Is there an alternative to Samsung Kies one that doesn't require rooting the device?

This is why I rooted and started flashing custom roms. I got fed up with the lies software, I would spend an hour getting it to work, then next time I wanted to work with it the sync would hang.

I assumed by now Samsung pulled their finger out and got this working (I abandoned it about 8months ago)
    Nexus 5 Black 16gb

Previous : Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 : Android 4.4.2 - Cyanogen 11 Nightlies