Galaxy S2 won't turn on!

Nikiptc18

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a question.
The other day, my mom's Galaxy S2 (from Sprint) got water damage. It shut down on it's own, and we didn't try to turn it back on. Afterwards, we took the phone's back part off, took the battery out and put it in dry oatmeal (we didn't have any rice at the time). I put the battery from her phone into my dad's phone, and it still worked fine (the battery works). After a day, we put the battery back in and tried to turn it on but nothing happened. We bought some rice and let it sit in there a couple days, and now I've put the battery back in. This time, it won't turn on but there's a red light in the top right corner. I've tried holding the power button down for a while, but it hasn't worked.
I hope I gave enough detail! This is my first post;;; Thank you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Sounds like you did all the right things to try and preserve the device. Unfortunately water damage usually wins hands down. The device showing the red light could be a sign its trying to start and may be but the display could have been damaged in the process along with other stuff so it appears visually to be dead.

I'm sure your Mom like anyone hates having to spend money but this could be looked at as a good thing to get Mom updated to newer device that she can have fun with.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

geko95gek

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Paul! Water damage usually means a dead device in one form or another, and personally I think you shouldn't have any hope of reviving it. Like Paul said, just use this opportunity to get a newer device and this time buy insurance for it.

One thing you can try with the S2 is hooking it up to a PC and see what happens. If it makes noise and device is detected try going into recovery mode by pressing Vol down + power.

Hope that helped. Good luck!

Sent from my baked potato

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo