Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Excruciatingly bad battery life - please help!

So i have had my phone unplugged since 6:30 this morning, and I've already had to plug it in twice for like 45 minutes each and I'm still at 56%

My screen is the only thing using anything and it had used 59% with the brightness not even halfway up. I just don't get that

Please help! Tired of charging my phone 5 times a day...

P.S. I did drop my phone in water about a month ago and it seems since then the battery life has been way worse, and i am using my extended battery. I bought 2 new regular batteries and both of them die completely on less than 3 hours

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Excruciatingly bad battery life - please help!

Water can do strange things to electronics. My son had a similar issue with an old iPod Touch. It ran very hot, and ran the battery down very rapidly. Over a period of about 2 or 3 months, it gradually got better, and battery life got back to normal.

Did you do anything to try to dry out the phone? It may be too late, but it wouldn't hurt anything to remove the battery, and stick the phone in a sealed container with dry (uncooked) rice for a couple of days to try to draw out any remaining moisture.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Excruciatingly bad battery life - please help!

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Water can do strange things to electronics. My son had a similar issue with an old iPod Touch. It ran very hot, and ran the battery down very rapidly. Over a period of about 2 or 3 months, it gradually got better, and battery life got back to normal.

Did you do anything to try to dry out the phone? It may be too late, but it wouldn't hurt anything to remove the battery, and stick the phone in a sealed container with dry (uncooked) rice for a couple of days to try to draw out any remaining moisture.
    I did the rice for 24 hours and it worked fine after that

Posted via Android Central App