Did I brick my Galaxy S2 ?
I'm a little nooby at all this, trying to learn better.
I started with a fully working, Galaxy S2, which I rooted ages ago. I did a factory reset on it, then the phone would not boot - it goot stuck at the Samsung Logo. (Probably due to the battery running out during the new user set up).
So I installed slimbean ROM 4.3 build 1 (put it on the SD card, installed by holding volume up+ power+ menu button).
After that, it still won't boot. This time, it got stuck on the SlimBean logo, instead a Samsung Logo.
So I installed Siyah-v3.3.2-CWM kernel. Now, after the first boot screen, it goes blank (no ROM boot screen).
Umm. Maybe I'm making more of a mess. But the most important thing is that I understand how this all works. Please don't send me to a guide, I've already read lots (they make a lot of assumtions about knowledge level, and are often really wordy which muddles things up in my mind.
I probably installed the wrong kernel for the version of slimrom I have.... hopefully I didn't brick the phone. (It still boots to the initial samsung logo, then shows the ICS Siyah Kernal screen, then it goes blank).
Help ! ?
- 02-23-2014, 03:08 AM #2
Re: Did I brick my S2 ?
Welcome to Android Central
Can you still boot into download or recovery mode?
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM #4
- 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM #5"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 02-28-2014, 12:44 AM #7"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 02-28-2014, 02:04 AM #8
Re: Did I brick my S2 ?
The most updated kernel should be packed with the ROM. Where did you get the download? Have you gone directly to Slim's website?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- 03-01-2014, 04:28 PM #10
- 03-03-2014, 01:33 AM #11
- By Petrophas in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-03-2014, 05:02 AM
- By Jessica Raymond in forum HTC myTouch 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2014, 10:04 AM
- By thecaptain42 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 09:42 AM
- By Malik Sheets in forum HTC FirstReplies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 12:45 AM
- By vaisha in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2014, 11:13 PM