[SOLVED] My Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 is restarting itself continuosly

anon(8373095)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105, it's running Jelly Bean 4.1.2. It is not rooted. I have only customized it by applying Nova Launcher and LockerPro Lockscreen.
There is no app on the external memory card except for camera pictures storage.
There is an update for it but it is not yet available in my country.
The phone is still in warranty.

A few hours ago, the phone hanged and restarted itself. Just as I unlocked my phone (after being restarted). the phone restarted again. Now this happened a few times and I got worried and just turned off my phone.
A few hours later I started the phone again but it showed the same result.
After that I turned it off and removed the SIM, the battery and the microSD card.

I read a few forums about this and they say that either the memory card is corrupted or there is some problem with the memory card port.

When I was writing this post, I inserted the battery only and restarted the phone and now it has been around 20 minutes the phone is working perfect. I turned on the Wifi and the phone is working perfect.
By perfect I mean: Not Restarting on its own.

What might be the problem? The memory card? Or the Nova Launcher?

Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no section for this phone so I had to post here.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 is restarting itself continuosly

The SD card could be the problem. I suggest inserting it into your computer, backing up all of the files and folders, then reformatting the card. Copy the folders back to the SD card, then reinsert it into your phone and see if the problem persists. If there's an actual corrupted file on the SD card that's causing problems, though, copying it back to the SD card might still cause problems, so you might want to leave all of the files off the card and start fresh.

The other thing to check is the battery--take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it may be going bad (bulging in the middle), so you might have to try a new battery.

anon(8373095)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

The SD card could be the problem. I suggest inserting it into your computer, backing up all of the files and folders, then reformatting the card. Copy the folders back to the SD card, then reinsert it into your phone and see if the problem persists. If there's an actual corrupted file on the SD card that's causing problems, though, copying it back to the SD card might still cause problems, so you might want to leave all of the files off the card and start fresh.

The other thing to check is the battery--take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it may be going bad (bulging in the middle), so you might have to try a new battery.

The battery is fine.

I'll try the thing you have told me for the SD card in a few moments.

Should I insert the SIM card now?

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It's probably not the SIM--I don't think I've ever seen that mentioned as a cause of boot loops.

anon(8373095)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your help

I still haven't tried the sd card thing yet
But I will post some results when I do that

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

anon(8373095)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

I formatted the memory card through the following ways:

Then I inserted the card in my phone, started the phone and It has been around 20 minutes my phone has not restarted on its own repeatedly.
So I guess we should say that the memory card is fixed? or should I wait a little more?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'd want to see it behave well for at least a day or so of normal use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae