Mass storage in Galaxy S2 Plus

Hananeh

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello , I want to recover some data I erased by mistake:'( . There are all these programs out there to do this but for this I need to be connected through mass storage.
I have a Samsung S2 Plus with the version 4.1.2 and it will not go into Mass storage mode. I got the developer options activated and select USB debugging but when I connect to the PC it will only give me the options to go to Mass storage, only MTP or PTP. Is the anyway for these recovery programs to see my phone without having to root it ?
Thanks for any help.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Unfortunately, if you manually deleted the files/data, it is unlikely that any of those recovery programs will work; there is no undo option like on PCs. Deleting something on Android usually means gone for good :-\

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Hananeh

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Thank you so much

Unfortunately, if you manually deleted the files/data, it is unlikely that any of those recovery programs will work; there is no undo option like on PCs. Deleting something on Android usually means gone for good :-\
I didn't delete them manually .I just did a factory reset accidentally and did not read the instructions.
I had lots of photos that were very important to me and now they're all gone :'(

Hananeh

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The android system does not wipe the the data. It just changes the place of the data so the phone can not read the data and we don't see any data.
The data are still on it but not visible. If I write anything on the memory my data will be wiped and recovery won't help.
The pictures were on my phone internal memory , I don't have any memory card yet.
Sorry my English isn't good enough.

Last edited:

Hananeh

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Any Recovery tool can help me bring the pictures back and make them visible but all recovery programs need access via Mass storage but my phone does not support this option.
All I have on my phone is MTP ( Media device ) and PTP ( Camera ) , but no Mass Storage.Rooting is a way to enable mass storage on my devise but I do not like to root my phone because I spent all I saved for 4 years to buy a good phone.
My problem is How to enable mass storage on my galaxy s2 plus phone ?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
All you have to do to get into mass storage mode is plug in your phone after USB debugging has been turned on. Then you will get a notification that show USB connected. Tap on that and it'll connect.
I'm pretty sure factory reset completely wipes user data from the internal storage; hope you can recover your pictures though. Next time be sure to back them up...