Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not booting into Cyanogenmod ROM Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100g)

Hello,

I am new to android forums so please don't mind if my question is either not in the right place or may have been solved earlier.

Basically my wife's phone is a samsung galaxy S2(i9100g) and I spent the whole night yesterday trying to get cyanogenmod on it without much luck. I initially followed the wrong instructions (Information: Samsung Galaxy S II ("i9100") - CyanogenMod) for Galaxy S2(i9100) and wasnt able to load clockwork recovery onto the phone which is when I realized I'm loading the wrong recovery for the i9100g. So, then I got the correct version from (Information: Samsung Galaxy S II G ("i9100g") - CyanogenMod) of the clockworkmod recovery and finally the recovery loaded using Heimdall. The recovery version was Version 5.x.x.x. like that on the wiki page. Now because I dint realize that even the cyanogenmod zip files can be different for both the versions, I first tried flashing i9100.zip to it which failed and told me that its the wrong file after which I got all the correct files from their website. i.e. first I tried the latest nightly i.e. 27/03 .zip and then because that dint work I tried cm-10.1.3-i9100g.zip (the stable version).

So basically I clear the data,dalvik cache, factory reset etc and then flash the ROM from my sd card. Now I tried both the nightly and the stable version and in both cases it says installation complete but when I click on reboot system now on my clockworkmod recovery, the screen goes blank and stays blank. When I push the power button it comes back to the samsung galaxy s2(i9100) screen with a big yellow hazard in the middle (which I'm sure is correct) but then it loads back into the clockworkmod recovery rather than loading into the ROM. Any suggestions on why this is happening? Spent all night trying to figure this out but no luck so far. Looking forward to your suggestions.

Note: I can put the device in download mode, install other recoveries without any problem.

Global Posts
    22,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Not booting into Cyanogenmod ROM Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100g)

In the description a 4.1 bootloader is recommended. What OS version were you on?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm ashamed to say but Android 2.3.4 Any way out of it? I'm quite worried now.

Global Posts
    22,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by Iram Khan1 View Post
    I'm ashamed to say but Android 2.3.4 Any way out of it? I'm quite worried now.
    You can try to reload the stock ROM with Odin. Files should be available at Sammobile.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks that worked and was able to load stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 onto the phone. Any directions if I can load cyanogenmod now from here?

Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Iram Khan1 View Post
    Thanks that worked and was able to load stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 onto the phone. Any directions if I can load cyanogenmod now from here?
    Now you need to re-root your phone, and then flash a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod. Then you can flash CyanogenMod

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.