Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Notification Bar

Okay i recently updated to version 4.1.2 and i was wondering if it was possible to view the notification (from a text or app) the whole way?
    Before when you had a notification you could hold it down and view the whole message but now it just comes up with App Info when i do that.

Is there a way around this? because sometimes i don't want to click the notification and have it clear

And if the text field doesn't come up with all the text how do i view the whole thing since long pressing it does not work?
    e.g. In stock browser > settings > advanced > allow multiple tabs per a...

Default Re: Notification Bar

Quote Originally Posted by lipslikemorphineeee View Post
    Okay i recently updated to version 4.1.2 and i was wondering if it was possible to view the notification (from a text or app) the whole way?
    Before when you had a notification you could hold it down and view the whole message but now it just comes up with App Info when i do that.

Is there a way around this? because sometimes i don't want to click the notification and have it clear

And if the text field doesn't come up with all the text how do i view the whole thing since long pressing it does not work?
    e.g. In stock browser > settings > advanced > allow multiple tabs per a...
    I know that via the stock SMS client (on my HTC One M7), if you go into the notification settings of the SMS client, you can enable 'notification preview' which displays the sender and message on the message bar and lock screen. As for other settings, it really is dependent on the way the app works. If you wanted to, perhaps try a third party app to read your notifications- Snapdragon Glance does this quite well.