| || |
What exactly is wrong with my s2?
I have the s2 version for straight talk- don't quote me but I think its the i989 or something like that. Its very similar to the AT&T version the i777. Anyway- a few days ago, I woke up in the am to an error message on it-saying that charging as stopped as the phone is too hot or too cold. It was warm- but super warm-so I turned it off took the battery out, and just set it aside for probably an hour or so. Put it all together, and it would just show the battery screen- just like it was charging- with the dots across the bottom. It wouldn't turn on. Plugged it into a charger, and it would turn on (by itself, I didn't push the power button) have a red x over the battery and then it would turn off, but it would do this over and over and over, until I took the battery back out. It didn't matter if I took it off the charger or not. So that night, I took my husbands phone, who has theAT&T version and stuck my battery in his phone. It booted up, and was fine. Battery wasn't super high- but it wasn't dead either. Put his battery in my phone. and nothing. So I'm assuming its not the battery. We did some research and found that if I took the battery out, plugged in a charger, then stuck the battery in, it would turn on and stay on. and charge. thought maybe I had solved it. Well no. once it was charged and we unplugged it, it still said it was connected to the charger, and to disconnect. Then the error message would show that it was too hot or too cold, and that charging had stopped. but it wasn't connected to a charger at all. The battery died in a few hours, while it was just on standby. I wasn't using it, I had done a factory reset so there wasn't any apps on it to be running. So does it just need a new charging port? or is there some heating element that needs changed as well? I'm just curious- I'm planning on selling it for parts, but I wanted to know what exactly was wrong with it first. Thank you all for your time!