Galaxy S2 won't update wirelessly or via Kies

ecbronte

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) secondhand. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like it had been reset to factory settings. It is running version 2.3.3, so I was hoping to update it. However, when I go to "Check for updates", it says no update is available. So, I tried connecting it to Kies on my PC, but it again says that there are no updates available. It specifically says: "This is the latest firmware. Current firmware version : PDA:FF2 / PHONE:KF2 / CSC:KF2 (KOR)".

Hoping to get some advice on this, as I've been searching the internet for days trying to figure it out. I will admit I'm not super tech-savvy, and this is my first smart phone.

Cheers

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) secondhand. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like it had been reset to factory settings. It is running version 2.3.3, so I was hoping to update it. However, when I go to "Check for updates", it says no update is available. So, I tried connecting it to Kies on my PC, but it again says that there are no updates available. It specifically says: "This is the latest firmware. Current firmware version : PDA:FF2 / PHONE:KF2 / CSC:KF2 (KOR)".

Hoping to get some advice on this, as I've been searching the internet for days trying to figure it out. I will admit I'm not super tech-savvy, and this is my first smart phone.

Cheers

Well, I think as the update for your device is recently rolled out means there is a long list of user who are in a hurry to update their device means the servers are too much loaded with updating the line of devices, try updating your device after waiting for a week it would get update this problem is just normal with the samsung.

ecbronte

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I've already had my phone for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure that waiting will make a difference. My husband has a galaxy s2 as well and has never had any problems obtaining updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy